Re: APRS Operation in Spain?

  • jandgandjochem
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2010

      > Greetings,
      >
      > I'm going to be in Spain visiting in a few weeks and would like to bring
      > my APRS station with me to operate while there. I am licensed as a
      > General in the United States and according to what I've found, we have a
      > reciprocal agreement with Spain that would allow me to operate as a
      > Novice there.
      >
      > Can anyone tell me what rights Novices have in Spain and is it
      > sufficient to operate a VHF APRS stations and/or VHF simplex or
      > repeaters? This will all be on 2m.
      >
      > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
      >
      > PS. I believe the standard APRS frequency in Spain is 144.800?
      >
      > PPS. I've also read that an US Extra has many more reciprocal operating
      > rights in Spain, but I'm really trying to avoid rushing through the
      > preparation to be ready for an exam this Saturday.

      Hi,
      Not sure coming from the USA but coming from Australia one needs the Advanced licence (we have Foundation, Standard and Advanced).

      My licence being an advanced one states that it accords with the requirements of the European Conference of Postal and Telecommunications Administrations (CEPT) recommendation T/R61-01.

      What exactly all that means can be found here:

      http://www.erodocdb.dk/doks/implement_doc_adm.aspx?docid=1802

      Hope this helps somewhat,

      Gerard
      VK2JNG