Re: [aprsisce] OT: HTC Tilt question

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2012
      The Programs tab sets the virtual COM port that programs can use to access NMEA data stream from whatever source the WinMo GPS handler is getting it.  The Hardware tab is where you can configure the WinMo GPS handler to use an external GPS instead of the platform-supplied internal GPS.

      On 3/1/2012 4:38 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
      I saw that but thought it was to connect an external GPS rather than make the internal available to an app that can only connect to a real or virtual COM port. I have not been able to connect to an external GPS using a BT dongle so maybe my understanding was flawed.

      And yes I noticed you were away. :)

      Thanks!
      Fred

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2012
        I poke at the Tilt and that makes sense. I will know if I did it correctly soon as I am about to hit the snowy roads.

        Thanks!
        Fred

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2012
          Thanks Lynn! That works as designed and is a worthy feature! Shortly after picking up the Tilt I had played with it thinking it operated differently.