Re: {Some tags disabled} Re: [aprsisce] igate setup

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2012
      APRSIS32.XML in the default directory in which you run the program is the current config.  You will only want to copy it with the client closed.  APRSIS32-Safe.XML is a copy of the most recently successfully loaded configuration.

      PS.  If you double-click the .EXE, then the .XML will be in that same directory.  If you've set up a shortcut, then the default directory may not be where the .EXE resides.

      On 3/1/2012 12:41 PM, Tony Leonardi wrote:
      Ok an is there a way to save my current config just in case?

      Tony Leonardi

      Leonardi Automotive

      Sonoma County Sheriff  Search & Rescue (www.sonomasar.org)

      Amateur radio license
      http://www.qrz.com/db/KD6HNI
      Sent via iPhone.  Please excuse brevity and spelling.

      On Mar 1, 2012, at 9:26, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      I'll take the logs if you had the APRS-IS trace log enabled and had cycled the APRS-IS enable to force a disconnect/reconnect, because from that single log I'd be able to tell you if your DNS or Internet connection was messed up.  I suspect that is in fact what the reboot "fixed".

      On 3/1/2012 11:54 AM, Tony Leonardi wrote:

      Well all I did was shut the computer down and restart windows?
      It's working now go look I had done this before trying everything else so?
      The system doesn't seem to be using the memory it was either.
      Would you like me to email you the logs?
      Weird huh?

      Tony Leonardi

      Leonardi Automotive

      Sonoma County Sheriff  Search & Rescue (www.sonomasar.org)

      Amateur radio license
      http://www.qrz.com/db/KD6HNI
      Sent via iPhone.  Please excuse brevity and spelling.

      On Mar 1, 2012, at 8:06, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      That might be expeditious, but it won't help us learn what went wrong and if we don't learn what went wrong, we're doomed to repeat it some time in the future.

      What do you see in an Enabled APRS-IS trace log when you disable and enable the APRS-IS connection?

      On 3/1/2012 10:59 AM, Tony Leonardi wrote:

      Would it be worth just blowing it away and reinstalling?

      Tony Leonardi

      Leonardi Automotive

      Sonoma County Sheriff  Search & Rescue (www.sonomasar.org)

      Amateur radio license
      http://www.qrz.com/db/KD6HNI
      Sent via iPhone.  Please excuse brevity and spelling.

      On Mar 1, 2012, at 7:45, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@...>wrote:

      He DID at one time have a valid password, but he said that after
      upgrading he is no longer showing up or gating, although he said that
      gating appears to be working. His KD6HNI-1 station has NOT shown up in
      the raw logs since the time of his upgrade, so I'm thinking his
      configuration got messed up across the upgrade, hence my suggestion that
      it might have been running in a "protected" directory causing the .XML
      to get lost.

      The other possibility is that he simply double-clicked within the .ZIP
      instead of unzipping or something like that.

      But the bottom line is that I can't find any recent evidence of an
      APRS-IS connection, verified or not, for KD6HNI-1, so there's definitely
      something newly going worng here.

      On 3/1/2012 9:17 AM, Keith VE7GDH wrote:
      > Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...
      >
      >> Do you have a valid APRS-IS password entered?
      > 2012-02-29 22:52:48 UTC:
      > KD6HNI-1>APWW08,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SJC
      > :@225259h3806.58NI12234.13W&Marin/Novato Igate
      >
      > As Tony later confirmed, he does have a validated connection, and
      > does have the correct symbol entered as shown above... I&
      >
      > http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KD6HNI*&limit=1000&view=normal
      >
      > Tony - have a look at KD6HNI-9. It seems to be using a TT4 and
      > sometimes beaconing at a high rate.
      >
      > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
      > --

      =