Re: [aprsisce] Message Window

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1 9:38 AM
      It doesn't exist yet. Here's the relevant section of the ToDo list:
      Surely one or more of these covers your desire. I understand the need
      for it, but the RF/IGate work will be happening first....

      Messaging Subsystem:
      Enhanced message support (Julian G4ILO)
      Support remaining message-based queries, Configurable suppression of
      auto-answers (or display?)
      If replying to a displayed message for another -SSID, spoof the source
      as that -SSID and watch for corresponding acks (Fred N7FMH) - Checkbox
      for spoof and add self to used path.
      Remember and provide for re-display of received messages.
      If target station's platform is known, format message sending screen
      accordingly.
      Support more ?APRSx queries
      Select specific RF Interfaces for message transmission
      Thumbnail map (zoomable, of course) of user's current location in QSO window
      Auto-adjust filter for MessageGroups, or suppress message-only stations
      from CloseStation list and Stations scroller?
      Support Messages / Recent Messages to show list of recently read
      messages for quick recall
      Send Message on RF to only those channels that heard the station
      Send Ack to -IS only if a message from an unknown station was received
      from there (EMAIL-2 responses)
      Add [n/m] to wrapped messages or possibly trailing + to allow for remote
      re-assembly (especially APRSISCE's Chat)
      Fix length of ?APRSS query response to avoid wrapping as a long message
      Enable/Disable message group message capture and/or display
      -IS to RF IGated messages should be transmitted on the heard station's
      Alternate Network ID (if specified), not APRSISCE/32's.
      Better reflect current transmission/ack/retry status in the chat windows
      (12/23/2010 6:15am) (Julian G4ILO)
      Add ability to cancel one or all non-acked messages directly from the
      chat windows (Julian G4ILO)
      Remember message window width (if wider than the font requires) (Julian
      G4ILO)
      Support specification of RF path on Chat windows (Alan 1/3/2011 12:08am)
      Schedule (and cancel) redundant acks 30 seconds out (Bob WB4APR)
      Msg Table w/from/to/text/time/ack & Retries w/direct retry and delete
      capability -> Only messages (other msgs "received"?)
      Send Message / Chat -> Allow path override if RF-Only selected (Jerry N7YGE)
      User-specified alternate (reduced) transmitted message length for
      RF-involved stations. - Possibly automatically shrinking over RF-pathed
      stations between acks based on retry count.
      Buffer long (non-split) chat messages as single line to allow for
      changing length before transmission if path changes or degrades.
      If sending a non-acked message via APRS-IS to a station that appears to
      be RF-linked, queue a secondary copy 31 seconds delayed.
      Dupe detector needs to clear out redundantly received, non-acked (or
      ack'd as well, but send a new ack) messages so remote queries / commands
      don't get multi-processed.
      Chat Changes
      Add Ack + I/F drop-down to Chat Send
      (See Satellite mode below)
      Chat Entry -> Rich Edit to colorize lines
      LIVE Line break - on screen
      Prevent "ack" leading a line
      Invalid character removal (|~{)
      Allow space for <CR> for send
      Warn if non-AX.25 callsign to RF device
      Chat Entry - Attempt to show in target's font/window size
      Parse-defined Platform enum w/screen geometry / font info
      Chat Display - Outbounds: Yellow if blocked, Green if Acked,
      Orange (Tangerine) if Retried Out, Lime Green if Sending
      Click line to see Orange/Lime Green in Pending Msg popup
      Document <MessageGroup> use for Australian (and maybe US) weather alert
      messages. - Make them online configurable. (Adrian VK2BAC)
      Color callsign menus in Monitor chat window to match text (Colin 2E0XSD)
      I am putting together a mobile laptop running Aprsisce/32 for a friend.
      He mentioned how hard, and dangerous it is to send APRS messages while
      driving. Texting and driving not good. So I thought, how about some
      "Quik keys or Macros". Press say F1 for a pre-set message. It would then
      enter the text into the message box. Seems easy enough. Is this
      something that could be worked into the program? (Kevin W7BOZ)
      Context-aware internal messages like "New Version Available" offering
      "Download Now".
      When you know there is an update and you go to About to download the new
      version, on restart, it asks "You have # messages. Do you want to
      restart"? Can you reset the message thing is the message is "just the
      UPDATE"? (Robert Giuliano KB8RCO)

      On 3/1/2012 12:35 PM, chuckbland wrote:
      > I've been looking unsuccessfully for a window that allows me to review/manage all my messages at a glance. Between NWS alerts and other messages that surface, it is annoying to have to be clicking all over the screen to read the next meesage, then delete/reply/whatever.
      >
      > Have I missed it or does it not exist? If it doesn't exist, I like to request it be added to the ever expanding feature request list.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > Chuck

    • chuckbland
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1 11:07 AM
        I am perfectly content for it to be on the list. I'm in no hurry.

        Chuck