Message Window

  • chuckbland
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
      I've been looking unsuccessfully for a window that allows me to review/manage all my messages at a glance. Between NWS alerts and other messages that surface, it is annoying to have to be clicking all over the screen to read the next meesage, then delete/reply/whatever.

      Have I missed it or does it not exist? If it doesn't exist, I like to request it be added to the ever expanding feature request list.

      Thanks.

      Chuck
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
        It doesn't exist yet. Here's the relevant section of the ToDo list:
        Surely one or more of these covers your desire. I understand the need
        for it, but the RF/IGate work will be happening first....

        Messaging Subsystem:
        Enhanced message support (Julian G4ILO)
        Support remaining message-based queries, Configurable suppression of
        auto-answers (or display?)
        If replying to a displayed message for another -SSID, spoof the source
        as that -SSID and watch for corresponding acks (Fred N7FMH) - Checkbox
        for spoof and add self to used path.
        Remember and provide for re-display of received messages.
        If target station's platform is known, format message sending screen
        accordingly.
        Support more ?APRSx queries
        Select specific RF Interfaces for message transmission
        Thumbnail map (zoomable, of course) of user's current location in QSO window
        Auto-adjust filter for MessageGroups, or suppress message-only stations
        from CloseStation list and Stations scroller?
        Support Messages / Recent Messages to show list of recently read
        messages for quick recall
        Send Message on RF to only those channels that heard the station
        Send Ack to -IS only if a message from an unknown station was received
        from there (EMAIL-2 responses)
        Add [n/m] to wrapped messages or possibly trailing + to allow for remote
        re-assembly (especially APRSISCE's Chat)
        Fix length of ?APRSS query response to avoid wrapping as a long message
        Enable/Disable message group message capture and/or display
        -IS to RF IGated messages should be transmitted on the heard station's
        Alternate Network ID (if specified), not APRSISCE/32's.
        Better reflect current transmission/ack/retry status in the chat windows
        (12/23/2010 6:15am) (Julian G4ILO)
        Add ability to cancel one or all non-acked messages directly from the
        chat windows (Julian G4ILO)
        Remember message window width (if wider than the font requires) (Julian
        G4ILO)
        Support specification of RF path on Chat windows (Alan 1/3/2011 12:08am)
        Schedule (and cancel) redundant acks 30 seconds out (Bob WB4APR)
        Msg Table w/from/to/text/time/ack & Retries w/direct retry and delete
        capability -> Only messages (other msgs "received"?)
        Send Message / Chat -> Allow path override if RF-Only selected (Jerry N7YGE)
        User-specified alternate (reduced) transmitted message length for
        RF-involved stations. - Possibly automatically shrinking over RF-pathed
        stations between acks based on retry count.
        Buffer long (non-split) chat messages as single line to allow for
        changing length before transmission if path changes or degrades.
        If sending a non-acked message via APRS-IS to a station that appears to
        be RF-linked, queue a secondary copy 31 seconds delayed.
        Dupe detector needs to clear out redundantly received, non-acked (or
        ack'd as well, but send a new ack) messages so remote queries / commands
        don't get multi-processed.
        Chat Changes
        Add Ack + I/F drop-down to Chat Send
        (See Satellite mode below)
        Chat Entry -> Rich Edit to colorize lines
        LIVE Line break - on screen
        Prevent "ack" leading a line
        Invalid character removal (|~{)
        Allow space for <CR> for send
        Warn if non-AX.25 callsign to RF device
        Chat Entry - Attempt to show in target's font/window size
        Parse-defined Platform enum w/screen geometry / font info
        Chat Display - Outbounds: Yellow if blocked, Green if Acked,
        Orange (Tangerine) if Retried Out, Lime Green if Sending
        Click line to see Orange/Lime Green in Pending Msg popup
        Document <MessageGroup> use for Australian (and maybe US) weather alert
        messages. - Make them online configurable. (Adrian VK2BAC)
        Color callsign menus in Monitor chat window to match text (Colin 2E0XSD)
        I am putting together a mobile laptop running Aprsisce/32 for a friend.
        He mentioned how hard, and dangerous it is to send APRS messages while
        driving. Texting and driving not good. So I thought, how about some
        "Quik keys or Macros". Press say F1 for a pre-set message. It would then
        enter the text into the message box. Seems easy enough. Is this
        something that could be worked into the program? (Kevin W7BOZ)
        Context-aware internal messages like "New Version Available" offering
        "Download Now".
        When you know there is an update and you go to About to download the new
        version, on restart, it asks "You have # messages. Do you want to
        restart"? Can you reset the message thing is the message is "just the
        UPDATE"? (Robert Giuliano KB8RCO)

        On 3/1/2012 12:35 PM, chuckbland wrote:
        > I've been looking unsuccessfully for a window that allows me to review/manage all my messages at a glance. Between NWS alerts and other messages that surface, it is annoying to have to be clicking all over the screen to read the next meesage, then delete/reply/whatever.
        >
        > Have I missed it or does it not exist? If it doesn't exist, I like to request it be added to the ever expanding feature request list.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Chuck

      • chuckbland
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2012
          I am perfectly content for it to be on the list. I'm in no hurry.