Re: [aprsisce] igate setup

    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 1, 2012
      Do the following:

      1) Ensure that Enables / Logging / File Enabled is checked
      2) Bring up Enables / View Logs / APRS-IS
      3) Ensure that the trace log is enabled (click the menu if it says "Enable")
      4) Uncheck Enables / APRS-IS Enabled
      5) Re-check Enables / APRS-IS Enabled and watch the trace log

      Oh, also make sure Enables / Internet Access is checked. That'd kill it too.

      If you don't see anything obvious in the trace log, then close the client and e-mail the APRSIS32*.LOG files to KJ4ERJ@... with a note reminding me what I'm supposed to look for.

      On 3/1/2012 8:54 AM, Tony Leonardi wrote:
      Yes on the password and it is installed in a folder on the desktop.
      I am running xp home on this machine.
      I don't have gps clicked and I using the black diamond with a vertical line.
      Thx

      Tony Leonardi

      Leonardi Automotive

      Sonoma County Sheriff  Search & Rescue (www.sonomasar.org)

      Amateur radio license
      http://www.qrz.com/db/KD6HNI
      Sent via iPhone.  Please excuse brevity and spelling.

      On Mar 1, 2012, at 1:05, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      Do you have a valid APRS-IS password entered?  And do you have the .EXE installed in a directory NOT under one of Windows' "protected" directories, like NOT under Program Files?

      What version of WIndows and such are you running?

      On 3/1/2012 3:06 AM, Tony Leonardi wrote:

      Hello again
      we'll I let it update and now I am back to no icon being reported.
      It's seems to be gating traffic but I am back to not transmitting a icon.
      I do seem to be beaconing, the I gate is kd6bni-1
      Any help here would be appreciated.

      Tony Leonardi

      Leonardi Automotive

      Sonoma County Sheriff  Search & Rescue (www.sonomasar.org)

      Amateur radio license
      http://www.qrz.com/db/KD6HNI
      Sent via iPhone.  Please excuse brevity and spelling.

      On Feb 8, 2012, at 17:05, "Steve Daniels" <steve@...>wrote:

      No Problem at all, for me at least. There are a few on the group doing SAR, for various Sheriffs Depts etc. When you get into it more, APRSIS has functions that help with Radio Direction Finding, and coordinating search areas, but lets get you going first before you get to the advanced features. (and there are lots, and growing)

      SteveDaniels

      G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      Wow thanks so much guys I really appreciate the help

      I'll give it a go.

      FCC Amateur Radio License: KD6HNI (http://tinyurl.com/6rdbz4y)

      Sent via iPhone.  Please excuse brevity and spelling.

      On Feb 8, 2012, at 16:17, "Steve Daniels" <steve@...>wrote:

      I would agree with Lynn , I would recommend watching Julian’s excellent videos on the initial setup. There is also plenty of stuff in the wiki.

      Ifyou don’t have a TNC or Radio with Built in TNC (Terminal Node Controller) then you will need a software based TNC such as AGWPE to interface your soundcard to APRSISCE/32

      Feelfree to ask here for help if you get stuck

      From: Steve Daniels <steve@...>
      Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 23:15:08
      To: <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>

      It will igate automatically for RX only make sure you have IS RF unticked in the APRS-IS port settings, If you plan to digipeat also some editing of the config XML file is required
      http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:digipeating
      http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:editing-xml-configuration

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator