Re: {Some tags disabled} Re: [aprsisce] igate setup

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2012
      Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...

      2012-02-29 22:52:48 UTC:
      KD6HNI-1>APWW08,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SJC
      :@225259h3806.58NI12234.13W&Marin/Novato Igate

      As Tony later confirmed, he does have a validated connection, and
      does have the correct symbol entered as shown above... I&

      http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KD6HNI*&limit=1000&view=normal

      Tony - have a look at KD6HNI-9. It seems to be using a TT4 and
      sometimes beaconing at a high rate.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
    • Tony Leonardi
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2012
        Yes I checked it twice it is the one I used before.

        Tony Leonardi

        Leonardi Automotive

        Sonoma County Sheriff  Search & Rescue (www.sonomasar.org)

        Amateur radio license
        http://www.qrz.com/db/KD6HNI
        Sent via iPhone.  Please excuse brevity and spelling.

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2012
            He DID at one time have a valid password, but he said that after
            upgrading he is no longer showing up or gating, although he said that
            gating appears to be working. His KD6HNI-1 station has NOT shown up in
            the raw logs since the time of his upgrade, so I'm thinking his
            configuration got messed up across the upgrade, hence my suggestion that
            it might have been running in a "protected" directory causing the .XML
            to get lost.

            The other possibility is that he simply double-clicked within the .ZIP
            instead of unzipping or something like that.

            But the bottom line is that I can't find any recent evidence of an
            APRS-IS connection, verified or not, for KD6HNI-1, so there's definitely
            something newly going worng here.

            On 3/1/2012 9:17 AM, Keith VE7GDH wrote:
            > Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...
            >
            >> Do you have a valid APRS-IS password entered?
            > 2012-02-29 22:52:48 UTC:
            > KD6HNI-1>APWW08,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SJC
            > :@225259h3806.58NI12234.13W&Marin/Novato Igate
            >
            > As Tony later confirmed, he does have a validated connection, and
            > does have the correct symbol entered as shown above... I&
            >
            > http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KD6HNI*&limit=1000&view=normal
            >
            > Tony - have a look at KD6HNI-9. It seems to be using a TT4 and
            > sometimes beaconing at a high rate.
            >
            > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
            > --

          • Tony Leonardi
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1, 2012
              Would it be worth just blowing it away and reinstalling?

              =
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 1, 2012
                That might be expeditious, but it won't help us learn what went wrong and if we don't learn what went wrong, we're doomed to repeat it some time in the future.

                What do you see in an Enabled APRS-IS trace log when you disable and enable the APRS-IS connection?

                On 3/1/2012 10:59 AM, Tony Leonardi wrote:
                Would it be worth just blowing it away and reinstalling?

                Tony Leonardi

                Leonardi Automotive

                Sonoma County Sheriff  Search & Rescue (www.sonomasar.org)

                Amateur radio license
                http://www.qrz.com/db/KD6HNI
                Sent via iPhone.  Please excuse brevity and spelling.

                On Mar 1, 2012, at 7:45, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@...> wrote:

                He DID at one time have a valid password, but he said that after
                upgrading he is no longer showing up or gating, although he said that
                gating appears to be working. His KD6HNI-1 station has NOT shown up in
                the raw logs since the time of his upgrade, so I'm thinking his
                configuration got messed up across the upgrade, hence my suggestion that
                it might have been running in a "protected" directory causing the .XML
                to get lost.

                The other possibility is that he simply double-clicked within the .ZIP
                instead of unzipping or something like that.

                But the bottom line is that I can't find any recent evidence of an
                APRS-IS connection, verified or not, for KD6HNI-1, so there's definitely
                something newly going worng here.

                On 3/1/2012 9:17 AM, Keith VE7GDH wrote:
                > Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...
                >
                >> Do you have a valid APRS-IS password entered?
                > 2012-02-29 22:52:48 UTC:
                > KD6HNI-1>APWW08,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SJC
                > :@225259h3806.58NI12234.13W&Marin/Novato Igate
                >
                > As Tony later confirmed, he does have a validated connection, and
                > does have the correct symbol entered as shown above... I&
                >
                > http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KD6HNI*&limit=1000&view=normal
                >
                > Tony - have a look at KD6HNI-9. It seems to be using a TT4 and
                > sometimes beaconing at a high rate.
                >
                > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                > --

                =

              • Tony Leonardi
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 1, 2012
                  Well all I did was shut the computer down and restart windows?
                  It's working now go look I had done this before trying everything else so?
                  The system doesn't seem to be using the memory it was either.
                  Would you like me to email you the logs?
                  Weird huh?

                  On Mar 1, 2012, at 8:06, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@...> wrote:

                  That might be expeditious, but it won't help us learn what went wrong and if we don't learn what went wrong, we're doomed to repeat it some time in the future.

                  What do you see in an Enabled APRS-IS trace log when you disable and enable the APRS-IS connection?

                  On 3/1/2012 10:59 AM, Tony Leonardi wrote:

                  Would it be worth just blowing it away and reinstalling?

                  Tony Leonardi

                  Leonardi Automotive

                  Sonoma County Sheriff  Search & Rescue (www.sonomasar.org)

                  Amateur radio license
                  http://www.qrz.com/db/KD6HNI
                  Sent via iPhone.  Please excuse brevity and spelling.

                  On Mar 1, 2012, at 7:45, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@...> wrote:

                  He DID at one time have a valid password, but he said that after
                  upgrading he is no longer showing up or gating, although he said that
                  gating appears to be working. His KD6HNI-1 station has NOT shown up in
                  the raw logs since the time of his upgrade, so I'm thinking his
                  configuration got messed up across the upgrade, hence my suggestion that
                  it might have been running in a "protected" directory causing the .XML
                  to get lost.

                  The other possibility is that he simply double-clicked within the .ZIP
                  instead of unzipping or something like that.

                  But the bottom line is that I can't find any recent evidence of an
                  APRS-IS connection, verified or not, for KD6HNI-1, so there's definitely
                  something newly going worng here.

                  On 3/1/2012 9:17 AM, Keith VE7GDH wrote:
                  > Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...
                  >
                  >> Do you have a valid APRS-IS password entered?
                  > 2012-02-29 22:52:48 UTC:
                  > KD6HNI-1>APWW08,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SJC
                  > :@225259h3806.58NI12234.13W&Marin/Novato Igate
                  >
                  > As Tony later confirmed, he does have a validated connection, and
                  > does have the correct symbol entered as shown above... I&
                  >
                  > http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KD6HNI*&limit=1000&view=normal
                  >
                  > Tony - have a look at KD6HNI-9. It seems to be using a TT4 and
                  > sometimes beaconing at a high rate.
                  >
                  > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                  > --

                  =

                  =
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 1, 2012
                    I'll take the logs if you had the APRS-IS trace log enabled and had cycled the APRS-IS enable to force a disconnect/reconnect, because from that single log I'd be able to tell you if your DNS or Internet connection was messed up.  I suspect that is in fact what the reboot "fixed".

                    =

                    =
                • Tony Leonardi
                  Message 9 of 10 , Mar 1, 2012
                    Ok an is there a way to save my current config just in case?

                    On Mar 1, 2012, at 9:26, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@...> wrote:

> [...]

                    to get lost.

                    The other possibility is that he simply double-clicked within the .ZIP
                    instead of unzipping or something like that.

                    But the bottom line is that I can't find any recent evidence of an
                    APRS-IS connection, verified or not, for KD6HNI-1, so there's definitely
                    something newly going worng here.

                    On 3/1/2012 9:17 AM, Keith VE7GDH wrote:
                    > Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...
                    >
                    >> Do you have a valid APRS-IS password entered?
                    > 2012-02-29 22:52:48 UTC:
                    > KD6HNI-1>APWW08,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SJC
                    > :@225259h3806.58NI12234.13W&Marin/Novato Igate
                    >
                    > As Tony later confirmed, he does have a validated connection, and
                    > does have the correct symbol entered as shown above... I&
                    >
                    > http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KD6HNI*&limit=1000&view=normal
                    >
                    > Tony - have a look at KD6HNI-9. It seems to be using a TT4 and

                    =

                    =

                    =
                    Message 10 of 10 , Mar 1, 2012
                      APRSIS32.XML in the default directory in which you run the program is the current config.  You will only want to copy it with the client closed.  APRSIS32-Safe.XML is a copy of the most recently successfully loaded configuration.

                      PS.  If you double-click the .EXE, then the .XML will be in that same directory.  If you've set up a shortcut, then the default directory may not be where the .EXE resides.

                      =

                      =

                      =