Can't zoom map

  • g4ilo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
      I have just installed APRSIS32 and started it, but I don't know how to zoom the map. If I click on the screen to try to draw a rectangle round the map, the whole map moves when I drag.

      I closed the program and manually entered my position by editing the XML. However the map is still just a small view of the whole world which fits well within the circle. How do I zoom in?

      Julian, G4ILO
    • g4ilo
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
        --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "g4ilo" <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:

        > I have just installed APRSIS32 and started it, but I don't know how to zoom the map. If I click on the screen to try to draw a rectangle round the map, the whole map moves when I drag.

        Okay. I'm making some progress now. For some reason I thought that clicking on + would zoom in on the map. By accident I found that clicking - does that.

        The icons on the map seem a bit small and unclear. Also is there any way to view messages that have been received, after they have been read the first time?

        Julian, G4ILO
      • David Shrum
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
          I'll give it a try, with the program running you will see a long narrow
          'box' in the same frame as the circle, you will notice it has a "+" at the
          top and a "-" at the bottom; click one or the other and the map will zoom in
          or out. OR the other choice is the up and down arrow keys on your key board,
          same results (at least for me), they will also cause the map to zoom in or
          out.

          Dave N8PU

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2010
            The left and right arrows also change the transparency of the map. If
            you fade the map out to nothing, the icons will jump as the program
            changes from a Mercator (sp?) projection to a circular distance/heading
            mapping of stations from the center of the map. Makes for an
            interesting effect to hover between the two projections with lots of
            widely distributed stations on the map.

            Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ