RE: [aprsisce] APRSIS32 callsign monitor

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012

      Try changing the settings under configure/screen/orientation and set it to Narrow or Automatic. That works for me at least

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012

          > Toolbar=>Configure=>Screen=>Orientation=>Pick one
          >
          > _____

          Thanks OM,

          That did it. I had it in AUTO but the problem was on my 4:3 monitors. The AUTO works OK in the WIDE monitors, and so does WIDE. Once I changed to NARROW in my 4:3 (narrow) screens, I now see the monitor COLUMN occupying the whole left side of the screen.

          This is probably a BUG because AUTO should be able to make it work, but it does not matter really! It works with the manual settings!

          73 de Demetre SV1UY
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012
            > This is probably a BUG because AUTO should be able to make it work, but it does not matter really! It works with the manual settings!

            Auto works based on height to width ratio of the APRSISCE/32 window.
            You can see this by sizing the window on either side of approximately
            square and see it switch right before your eyes. This works
            particularly well on Windows Mobile phones when you switch between
            Portrait and Landscape views, but not so well on Windows desktop
            machines where the user is in control of the window shape. That's why
            there's manual overrides in the configuration, so the user can force it
            one way or the other based on their personal preferences.

            WAD = Working As Designed - not a bug

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012
              It is working as designed. It depends on the window size in AUTO.

              href="mailto:aprsisce%40yahoogroups.com">aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:aprsisce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012

                > Auto works based on height to width ratio of the APRSISCE/32 window.
                > You can see this by sizing the window on either side of approximately
                > square and see it switch right before your eyes. This works
                > particularly well on Windows Mobile phones when you switch between
                > Portrait and Landscape views, but not so well on Windows desktop
                > machines where the user is in control of the window shape. That's why
                > there's manual overrides in the configuration, so the user can force it
                > one way or the other based on their personal preferences.
                >
                > WAD = Working As Designed - not a bug

                Thanks for explation Lynn.

                73 de Demetre SV1UY