Re: [aprsisce] APRSIS32 callsign monitor

  • Patrick Wood
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012
      It mostly has to do with window size in my experience (though there may be a way to force it..  when window is more rectangular you get the full height monitor, when its closer to square you get the little one.

      On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 1:15 PM, SV1UY <sv1uy@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      I have a slight problem with APRSIS32 for Desktop Windows. When I run it one of my 2 Windows 7 desktop the callsign monitor on the left occupies a whole column (top to bottom) and I can see more than 65 callsigns scrolling through. This is in my Windows 7 64bit box at home. In my 2nd QTH I have a Windows 7 32bit box and instead of the callsign monitor window occupying the whole screen at the left (top to bottom) it only occupies a small box (at top left) where I can only see 6 callsigns scrolling through. The same happens when I run APRSIS32 in my UBUNTU Box under WINE. In my XP Netbook I can see many callsigns again (the monitor window occupying the whole left side).

      Is there a setting that controls this behaviour, although I don;t think there is. I think I would have found it by now! I use the same settings in all APRSIS programs in all the above PCs I mentioned!

      73 de Demetre SV1UY

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012

        Try changing the settings under configure/screen/orientation and set it to Narrow or Automatic. That works for me at least

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012
          Toolbar=>Configure=>Screen=>Orientation=>Pick one

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012

            > Toolbar=>Configure=>Screen=>Orientation=>Pick one
            >
            > _____

            Thanks OM,

            That did it. I had it in AUTO but the problem was on my 4:3 monitors. The AUTO works OK in the WIDE monitors, and so does WIDE. Once I changed to NARROW in my 4:3 (narrow) screens, I now see the monitor COLUMN occupying the whole left side of the screen.

            This is probably a BUG because AUTO should be able to make it work, but it does not matter really! It works with the manual settings!

            73 de Demetre SV1UY
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012
              > This is probably a BUG because AUTO should be able to make it work, but it does not matter really! It works with the manual settings!

              Auto works based on height to width ratio of the APRSISCE/32 window.
              You can see this by sizing the window on either side of approximately
              square and see it switch right before your eyes. This works
              particularly well on Windows Mobile phones when you switch between
              Portrait and Landscape views, but not so well on Windows desktop
              machines where the user is in control of the window shape. That's why
              there's manual overrides in the configuration, so the user can force it
              one way or the other based on their personal preferences.

              WAD = Working As Designed - not a bug

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012
                It is working as designed. It depends on the window size in AUTO.

                href="mailto:aprsisce%40yahoogroups.com">aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:aprsisce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 29, 2012

                  > Auto works based on height to width ratio of the APRSISCE/32 window.
                  > You can see this by sizing the window on either side of approximately
                  > square and see it switch right before your eyes. This works
                  > particularly well on Windows Mobile phones when you switch between
                  > Portrait and Landscape views, but not so well on Windows desktop
                  > machines where the user is in control of the window shape. That's why
                  > there's manual overrides in the configuration, so the user can force it
                  > one way or the other based on their personal preferences.
                  >
                  > WAD = Working As Designed - not a bug

                  Thanks for explation Lynn.

                  73 de Demetre SV1UY