RE: [aprsisce] GPS config

  • Roger Elmore
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2012
      Thanks for the reply, Lynn. The XML file should be in either your inbox or spam filter. :-)

      Here's a screenshot of a check of COM ports 1-10:

      http://www.utm.edu/staff/relmore/APRSIS/COM_Test.gif

      I can't find COM3 in Device Manager, but COM4 (hooked to the Nomic) pulsed PTT when opened, and COM5 (hooked to the GPS-12) is sending the data shown. Here's a screenshot of COM5:

      http://www.utm.edu/staff/relmore/APRSIS/COM5_Test.gif

      I had a loopback plug connected when opened the first time. The two carriage returns and what I typed was returned, then I re-attached the GPS and let the data flow until the screen filled up.

      FWIW, when I first configured the NMEA port in APRSIS32 I messed up and did a TCP port localhost/8000, then realized my mistake after I watched the video in the wiki under "Welcome to APRSISCE/32 > Menus > Configure Menu > Port Configuration". I cleared out the TCP port info and set it up COM5 4800 8N1. If that caused a problem somewhere, you may have to bail me out.

      My experience with AGWPE is limited to three other PCs prior to this one, downloading, installing and then configuring via the soundcardpacket.org website tutorial "One radio to One Sound Card". On this laptop, under AGWPE -> Properties -> RadioPort Selection, there is only one RadioPort to select: "Port1 with Soundcard on COM4: 1200 Baud Packet"

      Thanks for your help!
      --
      Roger KJ4AJP