Android GPS

  • Charles Blackburn
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2012

      I’ve posted preliminary instructions up on the wiki for connecting the gps on an android phone to aprsisce/32 on a laptop connected via USB.

      I’ve posted it under http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:android if that’s not correct then feel free to move it where it needs to be.

      Now also I’ve posted to use a tcpip port which is faster, but with an extra piece of software you can turn that tcpip stream into a virtual com port and then use a serial splitter for splitting between multiple programs (I actually do this with spotter network, aprsisce/32 and mappoint.

      I’ve gotta refine them a little, but please note the CAVEAT at the bottom of the page with regards to disconnects.

      charlie

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2012
        On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Charles Blackburn <ai4ri@...> wrote:

        > I’ve posted preliminary instructions up on the wiki for connecting the gps on
        > an android phone to aprsisce/32 on a laptop connected via USB.

        The only change I would make is to add in big bold red flashing
        letters at the top of the page:

        "APRSISCE/32 DOES NOT RUN ON ANDROID!!!"

        That might possibly keep people from getting the idea that you're
        running APRSISCE/32 on Android.

      • Charles Blackburn
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2012
          Couldn't do big red flashing letters, but it's in big bold blue letters :)

          charlie
        • apenadragon
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 5, 2012
            I know this is an old post, but I'm curious about the Spotter Network software that you reference in this post.

            Feel free to e-mail me off list.
            kc2ant@...

            Adam
            KC2ANT