Red Ball

  • Mike Liller
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012
      Lynn,
      I must have missed the post that explains it but from time to time, I get a red ball icon tracking across my screen.  What is it?

      73de Mike Liller, N7NMS ARRL Maryland/DC Section, Assistant SEC
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012
        On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Mike Liller <n7nms@...> wrote:

        > I must have missed the post that explains it but from time to time,
        > I get a red ball icon tracking across my screen.  What is it?

        That's the meatball! It goes good on the map when you are driving on
        those crazy multilevel interchanges like on the Bugs Bunny &
        Roadrunner Show! Spaghetti and Meatballs!

        Or, you can go with Lynn's explanation...

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:red-dot

      • Mike Liller
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012
          Lynn,

          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012
            From a earlier response today:

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012

              I don’t know how many other people have the problem, but of a frequent basis I see responses to emails that I have not received, I guess Mike re asking the question is because he did not get James reply

              Torbay Freecycle Moderator

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012
                Yeah, Yahoo seems to do that once in awhile. Therefore, reposting the earlier email would then be fitting. Since, I liked the humor used previously it seemed even more fitting. :)

                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012

                  Was not complaining about your repost of James message, just as amusing the second read.:-) Really just making people aware that just because they did not get a reply does not mean there was no reply

                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012
                    I wouldn't be surprised if Lynn added a callsign check and if it is VE6SRV, then the option is called meatball.

                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012
                      Maybe Mike doesn't like meatballs... he might be a vegetarian!

                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012
                        On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

                        > I wouldn't be surprised if Lynn added a callsign check and if it is
                        > VE6SRV, then the option is called meatball.

                        A meatball for the meathead... I guess it works!

                      • Colin M0XSD
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012

                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012

                            I run a forum that has a censor words function, but it allows you to replace the word with one of your choosing, because I am 46 going on 10, I swap words occasionally and have fun with that, and the puzzlement that ensues

                            Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                            I wouldn't be surprised if Lynn added a callsign check and if it is VE6SRV, then the option is called meatball.

                            Was not complaining about your repost of James message, just as amusing the second read.:-) Really just making people aware that just because they did not get a reply does not mean there was no reply

                            Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                            Yeah, Yahoo seems to do that once in awhile. Therefore, reposting the earlier email would then be fitting. Since, I liked the humor used previously it seemed even more fitting. :)

                            size=2 width="100%" align=center tabIndex=-1>

                            Message 13 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012
                              On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Colin M0XSD <m0xsd@...> wrote:

                              > And it is good to see the humour (is that spelling correct for Canada?) from James:)

                              The other fun part is when Lynn likes to change the subject line
                              midstream, and you don't see the new thread and subsequent responses
                              in a threaded email reader until you find the renamed thread.

                              BTW, humour is the correct spelling for everywhere but those silly
                              'mericans who are too lazy to put the 'u' into a number of words!

                            • Colin M0XSD
                              Message 14 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012
                                On 02/02/2012 20:52, James Ewen wrote:
                                > BTW, humour is the correct spelling for everywhere but those silly
                                > 'mericans who are too lazy to put the 'u' into a number of words!
                                Thanks for confirming the correct spelling, I thought that Canadians
                                could spell properly:)

                                Colin.
                                Message 15 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012

                                  AFAIK Canadians spell the same  as us in England , apart from the ones that spell in French of course, James will of course correct me.

                                  Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                                  > BTW, humour is the correct spelling for everywhere but those silly
                                  > 'mericans who are too lazy to put the 'u' into a number of words!
                                  Thanks for confirming the correct spelling, I thought that Canadians
                                  could spell properly:)

                                  Colin.

                                • Keehan Dowd
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Feb 2, 2012
                                    There are quite a few American spellings here particularly for commercial goods.   Tire for tyre and donut for doughnut are some that I noticed right away when I immigrated here.  For the most part, Canadians spell like the Brittish and speak like Americans.   I used to think the Canadian accent was quite like some American accents, but after spending some time here, the accents are as different as night and day to me.   Canadians often get Kiwi and Aussie accents confused.  They are completely different to me (an Aussie), but again, after living in Canada for over 12 years now, I'm beginning to see why they sound similar.

                                    Keehan -VE6XVK

                                    Please excuse brevity and typos.  Sent from my iPhone