Re: See RF Traffic (was: Display of Igated traffic by aprsis32)

  • mm1ptt
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012
      Before when I used UI-View as my VHF IGate, I still required the use of AWGmonitor for the reason you have just pointed out.
      The Mheard list in UI-view would only show the recently heard stations
      The Mheard list in AWGmonitor would show every heard station.

      > PS. I've got to leave SOME things for other software to do that I
      > haven't subsumed into APRSISCE/32, don't I? <grin>

      I agree, one example is the soundcard TNC. With AGWPE and UZ7HO soundmodem doing a good job there is little reason to implement a soundcard TNC directly into APRSIS32.

      I look at AGWmonitor as a sort of plug in/add on software, to have the Mheard form with APRSIS32 running as my igate.

      But I need to point out, that on my main computer (Win7 64bit) AGWmonitor is not so stable I have experienced a few crashes. My Igate runs on P11 233Mhz Win2000 Dell laptop where AGWmonitor has ran for months at a time without a problem.

      I think AGWmonitor may need an update similar to what AGWPE got back in AUG 2010 to fully support Win7. But unless there is demand for AGWmontor I dont expect SV2AGW to be working on it. The last development of AGWmonitor was April 2005.

      Chris.
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 1, 2012

        I thought I would stop as you have doubled it several times, especially due to the upcoming 50% bonus

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator