Re: [aprsisce] Re: tnc ports

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
      If you open up Enables / View Logs / <YourAGWPortName> and enable it,
      what does it say when you receive data on the other AGW ports? vs what
      does it say in AGW's Monitor window?

      I'm assuming that a dual-ported KAM hooked to AGW configures as 2 AGW ports?

      On 2/1/2012 8:09 AM, mm1ptt wrote:
      > I am using the general release.
      > When I configure APRSIS32 to connect directly to the KAM TNC via KISS it receives on both ports, and transmits on port 1.
      > But when I use APRSIS32 to connect to the KAM TNC through AGWPE aprsis32 still transmits on port 1 but its only receives on port 1.
      > Chris
      >
      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)"<kj4erj@...> wrote:
      >> Yes, APRSISCE/32 should receive anything that comes in from AGWPE, but
      >> will only transmit on the first configured port.
      >>
      >> Are you running the general release or the latest development
      >> (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:development-version)? About should say
      >> development somewhere if the latter.

      >> On 2/1/2012 6:50 AM, mm1ptt wrote:
      >>> Is it possible to do the same with AGWPE; TX on port 1 and receive all other ports just now?
      >>>
      >>> I use AGWPE to control my KAM, Tiny2, and soundcard all at the same time.
      >>> At the moment it seems APRSIS32 can only receive on Port1 (Local VHF Port on KAM - SSID MM1PTT).
      >>> I have UI-View32 (MM1PTT-14) running on the same machine and by using the port mask function it receives on Port2 and Port4 of AGWPE. (Port2 = HF port on KAM and Port4 = soundcard for 300bd HF receive).
      >>> Port3 is used by UISS (MM1PTT-6) which is the Tiny2 that monitors the ISS downlink.
      >>>
      >>> I'm looking forward for port masking support for APRSIS32, then I can run multiple copies of the same program for different SSID's.
      >>>
      >>> Chris.

    • mm1ptt
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 3, 2012
        Yes, a dual-ported KAM hooked to AGW configures as 2 AGW ports.
        Here is output on the AGWmonitor window:

        1:Fm MB7UAH To APU25N Via WIDE1-1,GBR1-1 <UI pid=F0 Len=46 >[14:19:15]
        =I2=NOMGb=# BPHG314146/Full iGATE 144.800Mhz

        2:Fm UA6JHQ-14 To APU25N Via WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 <UI pid=F0 Len=25 >[14:21:25]
        >030452zIGATE 20m <=> 2m

        1:Fm MB7UAH To APU25N Via WIDE1-1,GBR1-1 <UI pid=F0 Len=98 >[14:21:47]
        }EGPF>APRS,TCPIP,MB7UAH*:@031350z5552.00N/00426.00W_220/011g...t039h69b10370 U.K._Glasgow Airport

        And this is the output from the AWGPE log in APRSIS32:

        AGWPE:2012-02-03T14:19:15.600 AGW:AX.25[0] MB7UAH>APU25N,WIDE1-1,GBR1-1:=I2=NOMGb=# BPHG314146/Full iGATE 144.800Mhz
        AGWPE:2012-02-03T14:21:25.847 AGW:DataKind(K) Non-AX.25 in 56/92 Bytes of AGW(‚ ªdjœàª‚l”¢|®’ˆŠb@b®’ˆŠd@eð>030452zIGATE 20m <=> 2m
        )
        AGWPE:2012-02-03T14:21:47.328 AGW:AX.25[0] MB7UAH>APU25N,WIDE1-1,GBR1-1:}EGPF>APRS,TCPIP,MB7UAH*:@031350z5552.00N/00426.00W_220/011g...t039h69b10370 U.K._Glasgow Airport

        APRSIS32 seems to be dropping the data from all the ports that are not Port1 as non AX.25 packets.

        Chris.