Re: tnc ports

  • mm1ptt
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
      Is it possible to do the same with AGWPE; TX on port 1 and receive all other ports just now?

      I use AGWPE to control my KAM, Tiny2, and soundcard all at the same time.
      At the moment it seems APRSIS32 can only receive on Port1 (Local VHF Port on KAM - SSID MM1PTT).
      I have UI-View32 (MM1PTT-14) running on the same machine and by using the port mask function it receives on Port2 and Port4 of AGWPE. (Port2 = HF port on KAM and Port4 = soundcard for 300bd HF receive).
      Port3 is used by UISS (MM1PTT-6) which is the Tiny2 that monitors the ISS downlink.

      I'm looking forward for port masking support for APRSIS32, then I can run multiple copies of the same program for different SSID's.

      Chris.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
        Yes, APRSISCE/32 should receive anything that comes in from AGWPE, but
        will only transmit on the first configured port.

        Are you running the general release or the latest development
        (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:development-version)? About should say
        development somewhere if the latter.

        On 2/1/2012 6:50 AM, mm1ptt wrote:
        > Is it possible to do the same with AGWPE; TX on port 1 and receive all other ports just now?
        >
        > I use AGWPE to control my KAM, Tiny2, and soundcard all at the same time.
        > At the moment it seems APRSIS32 can only receive on Port1 (Local VHF Port on KAM - SSID MM1PTT).
        > I have UI-View32 (MM1PTT-14) running on the same machine and by using the port mask function it receives on Port2 and Port4 of AGWPE. (Port2 = HF port on KAM and Port4 = soundcard for 300bd HF receive).
        > Port3 is used by UISS (MM1PTT-6) which is the Tiny2 that monitors the ISS downlink.
        >
        > I'm looking forward for port masking support for APRSIS32, then I can run multiple copies of the same program for different SSID's.
        >
        > Chris.
        >
        > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)"<kj4erj@...> wrote:
        >> Not yet. APRSISCE/32 will currently only TX on the first port. It
        >> should receive from both ports, though.

        >> On 1/27/2012 1:41 PM, Pedro Cruz wrote:
        >>> Hello
        >>> Mr Lynn
        >>> In APRS32 it´s possible to configure a dual port tnc for TX on port 1
        >>> and port 2?
        >>> Best 73!
        >>> Pedro Cruz - CU2JX

      • mm1ptt
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
          I am using the general release.
          When I configure APRSIS32 to connect directly to the KAM TNC via KISS it receives on both ports, and transmits on port 1.
          But when I use APRSIS32 to connect to the KAM TNC through AGWPE aprsis32 still transmits on port 1 but its only receives on port 1.
          Chris

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
            If you open up Enables / View Logs / <YourAGWPortName> and enable it,
            what does it say when you receive data on the other AGW ports? vs what
            does it say in AGW's Monitor window?

            I'm assuming that a dual-ported KAM hooked to AGW configures as 2 AGW ports?

            On 2/1/2012 8:09 AM, mm1ptt wrote:
            > I am using the general release.
            > When I configure APRSIS32 to connect directly to the KAM TNC via KISS it receives on both ports, and transmits on port 1.
            > But when I use APRSIS32 to connect to the KAM TNC through AGWPE aprsis32 still transmits on port 1 but its only receives on port 1.
            > Chris
            >
            > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)"<kj4erj@...> wrote:
            >> Yes, APRSISCE/32 should receive anything that comes in from AGWPE, but
            >> will only transmit on the first configured port.
            >>
            >> Are you running the general release or the latest development
            >> (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:development-version)? About should say
            >> development somewhere if the latter.

            >> On 2/1/2012 6:50 AM, mm1ptt wrote:
            >>> Is it possible to do the same with AGWPE; TX on port 1 and receive all other ports just now?
            >>>
            >>> I use AGWPE to control my KAM, Tiny2, and soundcard all at the same time.
            >>> At the moment it seems APRSIS32 can only receive on Port1 (Local VHF Port on KAM - SSID MM1PTT).
            >>> I have UI-View32 (MM1PTT-14) running on the same machine and by using the port mask function it receives on Port2 and Port4 of AGWPE. (Port2 = HF port on KAM and Port4 = soundcard for 300bd HF receive).
            >>> Port3 is used by UISS (MM1PTT-6) which is the Tiny2 that monitors the ISS downlink.
            >>>
            >>> I'm looking forward for port masking support for APRSIS32, then I can run multiple copies of the same program for different SSID's.
            >>>
            >>> Chris.

          • mm1ptt
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 3, 2012
              Yes, a dual-ported KAM hooked to AGW configures as 2 AGW ports.
              Here is output on the AGWmonitor window:

              1:Fm MB7UAH To APU25N Via WIDE1-1,GBR1-1 <UI pid=F0 Len=46 >[14:19:15]
              =I2=NOMGb=# BPHG314146/Full iGATE 144.800Mhz

              2:Fm UA6JHQ-14 To APU25N Via WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 <UI pid=F0 Len=25 >[14:21:25]
              >030452zIGATE 20m <=> 2m

              1:Fm MB7UAH To APU25N Via WIDE1-1,GBR1-1 <UI pid=F0 Len=98 >[14:21:47]
              }EGPF>APRS,TCPIP,MB7UAH*:@031350z5552.00N/00426.00W_220/011g...t039h69b10370 U.K._Glasgow Airport

              And this is the output from the AWGPE log in APRSIS32:

              AGWPE:2012-02-03T14:19:15.600 AGW:AX.25[0] MB7UAH>APU25N,WIDE1-1,GBR1-1:=I2=NOMGb=# BPHG314146/Full iGATE 144.800Mhz
              AGWPE:2012-02-03T14:21:25.847 AGW:DataKind(K) Non-AX.25 in 56/92 Bytes of AGW(‚ ªdjœàª‚l”¢|®’ˆŠb@b®’ˆŠd@eð>030452zIGATE 20m <=> 2m
              )
              AGWPE:2012-02-03T14:21:47.328 AGW:AX.25[0] MB7UAH>APU25N,WIDE1-1,GBR1-1:}EGPF>APRS,TCPIP,MB7UAH*:@031350z5552.00N/00426.00W_220/011g...t039h69b10370 U.K._Glasgow Airport

              APRSIS32 seems to be dropping the data from all the ports that are not Port1 as non AX.25 packets.

              Chris.