Re: {Some tags disabled} Re: [aprsisce] Digipeating and Igating

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2012
      Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...

      > Wait, are you saying the UI-View doesn't gate ALL received APRS
      > packets to -IS by default? But only gates those that were heard
      > direct?

      From UI-View's help...

      "By default UI-View32 only gates APRS packets from RF to the
      internet, and it does not gate digipeated copies of packets
      heard direct."

      I'm not quite sure how you go from there you to "only gates those
      that were heard direct".

      > And if you set the "gate all RF to Internet" it gates ALL
      > received packets, not just the UI/APRS packets?

      That's how I would translate it. From the help...

      "If you check this option then -
      * Non-APRS frames are gated.
      * Digipeated copies of packets heard direct, including your
      own packets, are gated.

      This option is designed to be used when an IGATE is on a
      satellite RF frequency. It is recommended that you do not
      select this option for a normal IGATE."

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH