RE: [aprsisce] APRSIS/32 and Kenwood TH-D72

  • Billy Mason
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2012
      Using the KWD710(APRS) protocol, I have no issues with the D72 transmitting
      and/or passing GPS data from the radio to the computer. Make sure that
      GPS/NMEA is enabled on the Port Configuration, and of course make sure the
      GPS is turned on the D72, and you should be good. It is not necessary to
      "enable GPS" on the Enables menu. As far as should the radio be in APRS or
      PACKET mode; neither; let the program change the radio to APRS mode.

      This solution also works for the D710 mobile with the GPS attached to the
      D710.

      BTW, a few menu items to check on the D72:
      Internal GPS
      Menu 202 - PC Output [ON]: Turn this function on when you want to send the
      Internal GPS receiver data to the PC terminal.

      PC Port
      Menu 350 - Output [ON]: outputs data from the PC (USB) port <Baud Rate: 9600
      bps> after receiving packet and TNC command from the APRS data
      communications.

      Billy Mason, KD5KNR