Re: [aprsisce] Kantronics kcp 3+

  • KEITH BOYER
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2012
      Rob,

      Thank you the feedback.  I will look into it.  I plan on using my Yaesu ft-300m as the aprs radio.

      Much appreciated.

      Keith

      On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:25, Rob Giuliano <kb8rco@...> wrote:

      Since you are listing this on the APRSISCE group, I can assume you are planning on using it with that computer application.

      There is no specific software for the KPC-3+.  A basic terminal program can be used for configuring the aspects from the direct TNC standpoint, and APRSISCE can do its part (depending on how you want it configured).

      Terminal Programs:
          HyperTerminal -> Generic Windows software through at least Windows XP
          TeraTerm Pro -> free version available on the internet
      Either of these - plus many others - will work to make configuration changes.

      As for the the APRSISCE configuration (RF port), you have 2 basic options:
      1.  TNC in KISS mode all the time (configured with terminal program above)
      2.  APRSISCE <open><closed> commands to change TNC settings
      This is covered in the wiki:
      NOTE:  there is an issue with the KPC-3+ and delays that has been discussed here.
                  you may want to do a quick seaarch on that.
      I run an even older KPC-3 and I use method 2 (APRSIS open and close commands).
      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO