Re: tnc ports

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 27, 2012
      Not yet.  APRSISCE/32 will currently only TX on the first port.  It should receive from both ports, though.

      On 1/27/2012 1:41 PM, Pedro Cruz wrote:
      Hello

      Mr Lynn

      In APRS32 it´s possible to configure a dual port tnc for TX on port 1 and port 2?

      Best 73!

      Pedro Cruz  - CU2JX

    • mm1ptt
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
        Is it possible to do the same with AGWPE; TX on port 1 and receive all other ports just now?

        I use AGWPE to control my KAM, Tiny2, and soundcard all at the same time.
        At the moment it seems APRSIS32 can only receive on Port1 (Local VHF Port on KAM - SSID MM1PTT).
        I have UI-View32 (MM1PTT-14) running on the same machine and by using the port mask function it receives on Port2 and Port4 of AGWPE. (Port2 = HF port on KAM and Port4 = soundcard for 300bd HF receive).
        Port3 is used by UISS (MM1PTT-6) which is the Tiny2 that monitors the ISS downlink.

        I'm looking forward for port masking support for APRSIS32, then I can run multiple copies of the same program for different SSID's.

        Chris.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
          Yes, APRSISCE/32 should receive anything that comes in from AGWPE, but
          will only transmit on the first configured port.

          Are you running the general release or the latest development
          (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:development-version)? About should say
          development somewhere if the latter.

          On 2/1/2012 6:50 AM, mm1ptt wrote:
          > Is it possible to do the same with AGWPE; TX on port 1 and receive all other ports just now?
          >
          > I use AGWPE to control my KAM, Tiny2, and soundcard all at the same time.
          > At the moment it seems APRSIS32 can only receive on Port1 (Local VHF Port on KAM - SSID MM1PTT).
          > I have UI-View32 (MM1PTT-14) running on the same machine and by using the port mask function it receives on Port2 and Port4 of AGWPE. (Port2 = HF port on KAM and Port4 = soundcard for 300bd HF receive).
          > Port3 is used by UISS (MM1PTT-6) which is the Tiny2 that monitors the ISS downlink.
          >
          > I'm looking forward for port masking support for APRSIS32, then I can run multiple copies of the same program for different SSID's.
          >
          > Chris.
          >
          > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)"<kj4erj@...> wrote:
          >> Not yet. APRSISCE/32 will currently only TX on the first port. It
          >> should receive from both ports, though.

          >> On 1/27/2012 1:41 PM, Pedro Cruz wrote:
          >>> Hello
          >>> Mr Lynn
          >>> In APRS32 it´s possible to configure a dual port tnc for TX on port 1
          >>> and port 2?
          >>> Best 73!
          >>> Pedro Cruz - CU2JX

        • mm1ptt
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
            I am using the general release.
            When I configure APRSIS32 to connect directly to the KAM TNC via KISS it receives on both ports, and transmits on port 1.
            But when I use APRSIS32 to connect to the KAM TNC through AGWPE aprsis32 still transmits on port 1 but its only receives on port 1.
            Chris

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2012
              If you open up Enables / View Logs / <YourAGWPortName> and enable it,
              what does it say when you receive data on the other AGW ports? vs what
              does it say in AGW's Monitor window?

              I'm assuming that a dual-ported KAM hooked to AGW configures as 2 AGW ports?

              On 2/1/2012 8:09 AM, mm1ptt wrote:
              > I am using the general release.
              > When I configure APRSIS32 to connect directly to the KAM TNC via KISS it receives on both ports, and transmits on port 1.
              > But when I use APRSIS32 to connect to the KAM TNC through AGWPE aprsis32 still transmits on port 1 but its only receives on port 1.
              > Chris
              >
              > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)"<kj4erj@...> wrote:
              >> Yes, APRSISCE/32 should receive anything that comes in from AGWPE, but
              >> will only transmit on the first configured port.
              >>
              >> Are you running the general release or the latest development
              >> (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:development-version)? About should say
              >> development somewhere if the latter.

              >> On 2/1/2012 6:50 AM, mm1ptt wrote:
              >>> Is it possible to do the same with AGWPE; TX on port 1 and receive all other ports just now?
              >>>
              >>> I use AGWPE to control my KAM, Tiny2, and soundcard all at the same time.
              >>> At the moment it seems APRSIS32 can only receive on Port1 (Local VHF Port on KAM - SSID MM1PTT).
              >>> I have UI-View32 (MM1PTT-14) running on the same machine and by using the port mask function it receives on Port2 and Port4 of AGWPE. (Port2 = HF port on KAM and Port4 = soundcard for 300bd HF receive).
              >>> Port3 is used by UISS (MM1PTT-6) which is the Tiny2 that monitors the ISS downlink.
              >>>
              >>> I'm looking forward for port masking support for APRSIS32, then I can run multiple copies of the same program for different SSID's.
              >>>
              >>> Chris.

            • mm1ptt
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3, 2012
                Yes, a dual-ported KAM hooked to AGW configures as 2 AGW ports.
                Here is output on the AGWmonitor window:

                1:Fm MB7UAH To APU25N Via WIDE1-1,GBR1-1 <UI pid=F0 Len=46 >[14:19:15]
                =I2=NOMGb=# BPHG314146/Full iGATE 144.800Mhz

                2:Fm UA6JHQ-14 To APU25N Via WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 <UI pid=F0 Len=25 >[14:21:25]
                >030452zIGATE 20m <=> 2m

                1:Fm MB7UAH To APU25N Via WIDE1-1,GBR1-1 <UI pid=F0 Len=98 >[14:21:47]
                }EGPF>APRS,TCPIP,MB7UAH*:@031350z5552.00N/00426.00W_220/011g...t039h69b10370 U.K._Glasgow Airport

                And this is the output from the AWGPE log in APRSIS32:

                AGWPE:2012-02-03T14:19:15.600 AGW:AX.25[0] MB7UAH>APU25N,WIDE1-1,GBR1-1:=I2=NOMGb=# BPHG314146/Full iGATE 144.800Mhz
                AGWPE:2012-02-03T14:21:25.847 AGW:DataKind(K) Non-AX.25 in 56/92 Bytes of AGW(‚ ªdjœàª‚l”¢|®’ˆŠb@b®’ˆŠd@eð>030452zIGATE 20m <=> 2m
                )
                AGWPE:2012-02-03T14:21:47.328 AGW:AX.25[0] MB7UAH>APU25N,WIDE1-1,GBR1-1:}EGPF>APRS,TCPIP,MB7UAH*:@031350z5552.00N/00426.00W_220/011g...t039h69b10370 U.K._Glasgow Airport

                APRSIS32 seems to be dropping the data from all the ports that are not Port1 as non AX.25 packets.

                Chris.