Re: [aprsisce] Dayton Highway and a suggested enhancement.

  • Randy Love
    Message 1 of 8 , May 18, 2010
      Lynn,

      My iPaq's with WM2000 could use this version that you're making for older mobile devices. I tried the current version, but get a "This is not a valid Windows Mobile application" message when I try to run it.

      73,
      Randy
      WF5X

      On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 6:20 AM, Colin Catlin <colin2e0xsd@...> wrote:

      Hi Lynn,

      I'm interested in you getting APRSISCE working on Paul's Jornada. As I've said before, I've got a Jornada 680 sitting around doing nothing it would be great if I could use it in an RF only system.
      Like you say, real RS232, decent size keyboard, also full size PCMCIA, a very widescreen.
      I think the 680 is a Windows CE Handheld PC which I think is CE2.2, so even older than Paul's Jornada.

      73,
      Colin.

      On 17/05/2010 21:15, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:

      I'm still partial to a touch-screen while mobile, unless I'm a
      passenger. My son (KJ4DXK-9) has an HP Jornada that I'm hoping to get a
      working build for some day. A short, but wide touch screen device
      running Windows CE 3.0 (they say Handheld PC 2000) with a REAL RS-232
      PORT and even a KEYBOARD! I can't wait to hook it up to a TNC, pre-load
      a bunch of OpenStreetMaps and take it on the road.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      PS.
      http://catalog.ebay.com/Hewlett-Packard-720-/30005311?_fifpts=1&_pcatid=12&_refkw=HP+jornada&_trksid=p3286.c0.m271