Re: [aprsisce] Pink squares

    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2010
      Pink squares are used on track points that APRSISCE/32 believes to be
      "invalid" for some reason. This may be too high a calculated speed
      (>500mph), too short an interval (<1 second), or a duplicate packet via
      a different path (delayed packets). You can see these in Enables / View
      Logs / Invalids.

      I should have also mentioned that if you see a rash of pink squares in a
      specific geographical area, there's likely a Digi or IGate nearby that
      is inappropriately delivering delayed (>30 seconds) packets into the
      network, be it RF or -IS. The prevailing theory is that this happens
      when a KPC-3+ is running in KISS mode talking to UI-View for a long
      period of time. A simple TNC/UI-View restart is all that is required to
      clear up the situation for some yet-to-be-determined period of elapsed
      time. The issue seems to happen more often in areas of high APRS activity.

      If you select View / Invalids while monitoring a full feed (port 10152),
      you can see where this is occurring. However, please don't take any
      extreme action on this information as APRSISCE/32's Invalid detector is
      not yet perfected.

      Other colors from the scrolling station log are documented at
      http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/scrolling-stations

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ