Re: WINE - Windows Emulator for Android?

  • w7boz
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 3, 2012
      Bob,

      Now why would I want to downgrade from a wonderful graphics display, with GPS, Maps, Icons, etc,etc..... To old school text display? I love Aprisce! There are a few APRS programs for the Android. But none are well supported, or done correct. I can use my D7A if I want basic text information. The only reason I even bought a Windows phone, was so I could use Aprsisce. Only reason I am looking at Android is that there are some programs I need, that Windows does not have.

      Kevin
      W7BOZ

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Bruninga " <bruninga@...> wrote:

      > > Guess what? APRSISCE for Windows Mobile is the
      > > SAME screen as the main window of APRSIS32 on
      > > a Windows Desktop. It's a bit tight, but it's
      > > (almost) all there!
      >
      > Rather than cramming infinite map detail, consider emulating the D72 display. With a 9 screen wide raster of data on each station and 100 station/objects deep, it is trivial to navigate. Especially after doing either a time, distance or callsign sort.
      >
      > Navigating in a 9-by-N screen space where the data is presented in large font and easy to read is trivial compared to zooming around on a stamp sized map.
      >
      > I know it is retro, but it works, gives rapid access to good data and is easy to read with old eyes and navigate with thumbs.
      >
      > Bob, WB4APR

    • w7boz
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 4, 2012
        Bob,

        I guess we can agree to disagree. I see (almost) everything I want to see with Aprisce and the log files. So we can agree to disagree. Maybe you can post a "Wish list" of exactly what you would like. With all the new features that have been added, I am very pleased. When was the last time you tried the Development release of Aprisce?