Re: DIGI NOT

  • annie2ka
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2012
      Probably not, at least I have abetter grasp of <DigiXform> now.
      Thanks for all the help I have been enjoying your program.
      Ken/w7kj

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2012
        Glad to do it. I guess according to Bob's recommendations, I really
        should be defaulting to the following <DigiXform> set.

        <DigiXform>TEMP1-1=TEMP1*</DigiXform>
        <DigiXform>TEMP2-2=TEMP2-1</DigiXform>
        <DigiXform>TEMP2-1=TEMP2*</DigiXform>
        <DigiXform>TEMP3-3=TEMP3-2</DigiXform>
        <DigiXform>TEMP3-2=TEMP3-1</DigiXform>
        <DigiXform>TEMP3-1=TEMP3*</DigiXform>
        (and so forth....)

        I'm also considering adding support for n-N in some sort of shorthand
        form when I get into the RF port work after the upcoming general release.

        On 1/2/2012 9:49 PM, annie2ka wrote:
        > Probably not, at least I have abetter grasp of<DigiXform> now.
        > Thanks for all the help I have been enjoying your program.
        > Ken/w7kj
        >
        > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)"<kj4erj@...> wrote:
        >> First, you need to ask yourself if you SHOULD be digipeating on WIDE2-1
        >> or WIDE2-2 and/or GATE and/or ECHO. In particular, I'd think that GATE
        >> is not a request for a digipeat, but something else.

      • Bob Bruninga
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
          > I guess according to Bob's recommendations, I really
          > should be defaulting to the following <DigiXform> set.
          > [to support TEMPn-N digipeating]

          The original idea was to have TEMPn-N digipeating in all mobiles so that
          they could be called on under special circumstances to fill-in digipeat by
          just getting the driver to the area and he would not have to do any
          configuration in the field. It would just work...

          In that sense, having home stations also available in this shadow TEMPn-N
          network is probably a good idea. I think it is a good idea but I am open
          for discussion. The only down side I can see is that if some not-so-well
          informed users start using it routinely, then it will be a nightmare. And
          be difficult to shut off.

          It's kinda like having 911. It is a really great capability... as long as
          people only use it when needed. But a disaster when people call 911 to
          find out the time.

          So far, I have not heard of any abuse, nor that much use for that matter...

          Bob, Wb4APR
        • Andre
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
            Op 3-1-2012 17:04, Bob Bruninga schreef:

            > I guess according to Bob's recommendations, I really
            > should be defaulting to the following <DigiXform> set.
            > [to support TEMPn-N digipeating]

            The original idea was to have TEMPn-N digipeating in all mobiles so that
            they could be called on under special circumstances to fill-in digipeat by
            just getting the driver to the area and he would not have to do any
            configuration in the field. It would just work...

            In that sense, having home stations also available in this shadow TEMPn-N
            network is probably a good idea. I think it is a good idea but I am open
            for discussion. The only down side I can see is that if some not-so-well
            informed users start using it routinely, then it will be a nightmare. And
            be difficult to shut off.

            It's kinda like having 911. It is a really great capability... as long as
            people only use it when needed. But a disaster when people call 911 to
            find out the time.

            So far, I have not heard of any abuse, nor that much use for that matter...

            Bob, Wb4APR

            I think in most places a wide1-1 mobile is enough to get in the network and SSn-N to get out further when needed, especialy when you add a known mobile as first digi to pick up handies so a mobile out in the woods uses a path of wide1-1,wide2-2 or wide1-1,SS5-5 and gets picked by all other mobiles involved in the event to get out, thd7, thd72 etc. use the call of the suport mobile as first call in the path like pe1rdw-9,wide1-1,wide2-2.

            there might still be events where tempN-n is needed but you would be very far in the wilderness if that is needed.

            73 Andre PE1RDW