Re: [aprsisce] Zoom level

  • kd4dra@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2010
      Thanks
      Good enough, Rick

      From: "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh" <kj4erj@...>
      Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 08:02:53 -0400
      To: <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Zoom level

      No, I've just fixed a bust in the tile cache directory detector.
      Between the released and the development version (before yesterday), the
      program would require you to manually create the 00\0\0.png file or it
      wouldn't run. Also, there are other programs that cache OSM tiles, but
      they use a single digit for the top-level directory. Some users wanted
      to share these caches and hence that change.

      OpenStreetMaps zoom levels are fixed by them at being double/half
      steps. For performance and clarity reasons, I've chosen to limit my
      zoom levels to their directly-available steps. I may do fractional zoom
      levels at some point in the future, but supporting UI-View-type
      user-supplied maps is higher on my priority list.

      If I missed the point of your 50% question, let me know and I'll try to
      answer what you asked. BTW, up and down arrows do the same as the + / -
      on the screen.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ