Re: Bluetooth link

  • mm1ptt
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2012
      How do I create an internal IS-server port?
      I would like to setup APRSIS32 as the IS-server on my local network with UI-View and UISS connecting to and passing data through APRSIS32 to the real IS-servers.
      I read from here:
      http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/is-server-port
      To select 'IS-server' from the drop down menu but I dont have that option I have: KISS, AGW, KWD710(PKT), KWD710(APRS),FTM310v1.3, TEXT, and CWOP.
      When I set a TEXT port and try to connect with UI-View I get a error message saying something like server port was forcefully closed.

      Chris,
      MM1PTT

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2012

        The IS server port is currently only available in the development release

        If you close the software and edit the XML file, restart the software the click the about menu

        Instructions here

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:development-version

        Keep in mind that development versions can sometimes have bugs, make a backup of what you have so you can go back to the general release if need be

> [...]

        > >> I would like to do the direct Bluetooth.
        > >>
        > >> How do I download the latest development software?
        > >>
        > >> Jim KC2SZ
        > >>

        > >> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
        > >> <kj4erj@... <mailto:kj4erj@...>> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> 1) APRSIS32 doesn't support an IS-Server connection via
        > >> BlueTooth - Only
        > >> TCP/IP, but I'm not sure if that's what you're trying to do.
        > >>
        > >> 2) APRSISCE doesn't support an APRS-IS client connection via
        > >> BlueTooth -
        > >> Only TCP/IP, but I'm not sure if that's what you're trying to do.
        > >>
        > >> 3) Are you running the latest development on both platforms?
        > >> I think
        > >> the direct Bluetooth support is only in that release and not
        > >> in the
        > >> current general release from 2011/08/20 or so.
        > >>
        > >> Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows

      • Rob Giuliano
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2012
          First, you need the development version in order to have the IS-Server type port available .  .  . .

          However, I believe the code is all there and you can edit the XML file to create the port on teh "RELEASE VERSION" by:

          <!--RFPort[#]-->
          <RFPort Name="Callsign-SSID">
          <Protocol>IS-Server</Protocol>
          <Device>@127.0.0.1:14580</Device>
          <RfBaud>-1</RfBaud>
          <!--OpenCmd-->
          <!--CloseCmd-->
          <QuietTime>0</QuietTime>
          <Enabled>1</Enabled>
          <XmitEnabled>1</XmitEnabled>
          <ProvidesNMEA>0</ProvidesNMEA>
          <RFtoISEnabled>1</RFtoISEnabled>
          <IStoRFEnabled>1</IStoRFEnabled>
          <MyCallNot3rd>0</MyCallNot3rd>
          <BeaconingEnabled>1</BeaconingEnabled>
          <BeaconPath></BeaconPath>
          <BulletinObjectEnabled>0</BulletinObjectEnabled>
          <MessagesEnabled>0</MessagesEnabled>
          <MessagePath></MessagePath>
          <TelemetryEnabled>0</TelemetryEnabled>
          <TelemetryPath></TelemetryPath>
          <!--DigiXform-->
          </RFPort>
          <!--RFPort[#]-->

          <RFPort Name="Callsign-SSID">
                I think this needs to be the callsign - mine is
          <Protocol>IS-Server</Protocol>
                Key to working #1
          <Device> @Valid IP:Valid port</Device>
              Valid IP >>
                   Next key to working usable address :127.0.0.1 is your own machine,
                   and  0.0.0.0 will reply to anything
                   If the computers are networked, use the valid IP of that machine (like: 192.138.1.8)
              Valid Port >>
                   Use 14580 to be just like the real IS-servers, or use something else,
                       but your other linking machines must match
                   I use 14585 on my local network

          Good Luck - Happy New Year
          Robert Giuliano
          KB8RCO

> [...]

          > >> I would like to do the direct Bluetooth.
          > >>
          > >> How do I download the latest development software?
          > >>
          > >> Jim KC2SZ
          > >>

          > >> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
          > >> <kj4erj@... <mailto:kj4erj@...>> wrote:
          > >>
          > >> 1) APRSIS32 doesn't support an IS-Server connection via
          > >> BlueTooth - Only
          > >> TCP/IP, but I'm not sure if that's what you're trying to do.
          > >>
          > >> 2) APRSISCE doesn't support an APRS-IS client connection via
          > >> BlueTooth -
          > >> Only TCP/IP, but I'm not sure if that's what you're trying to do.
          > >>
          > >> 3) Are you running the latest development on both platforms?
          > >> I think
          > >> the direct Bluetooth support is only in that release and not
          > >> in the
          > >> current general release from 2011/08/20 or so.
          > >>
          > >> Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and

        • Greg Dolkas
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 9, 2012
            Hi Lynn,

            Is there an example bit of code (a template, perhaps) for writing an APRS client?  I'm wondering how I hard it would be to write something that could hook into your server port and watch for messages addressed to it, and respond back with something as directed.  I'm familiar with writing socket-based code, but don't know what to do from there (and don't want to have to learn everything you learned about APRS packet formatting to do it).  Any library routines out there to make the job a bit easier (and less error-prone)?

            Greg  KO6TH

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 10, 2012
              Depends on your choice of language, and I haven't done a complete survey.

              When I started, there was practically nothing.  I looked at the OpenTracker APRS parser and loosely based on that in C.  But mostly, I've gone totally from scratch by spending way too many nights curled up with aprs101.pdf and captures of the APRS-IS stream.  (Needless to say, the OpenTracker parser doesn't handle nearly as much as APRSISCE/32 does).

              If you're familiar with stream socket programming and cr/lf terminated lines, you'll find it trivially easy.  Especially if you only want to handle messages to a specific station.  Check out http://www.aprs-is.net/ specifically http://www.aprs-is.net/Connecting.aspx and children and then go read aprs101.pdf and watch the aprsisce/32 Packets log for a while.  You'll get it figured out.

              On 1/10/2012 2:16 AM, Greg Dolkas wrote: Hi Lynn,

            • Lee D Bengston
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 10, 2012
                On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 2:16 AM, Greg Dolkas <ko6th.greg@...> wrote:

                Hi Lynn,

                Is there an example bit of code (a template, perhaps) for writing an APRS client?  I'm wondering how I hard it would be to write something that could hook into your server port and watch for messages addressed to it, and respond back with something as directed.  I'm familiar with writing socket-based code, but don't know what to do from there (and don't want to have to learn everything you learned about APRS packet formatting to do it).  Any library routines out there to make the job a bit easier (and less error-prone)?

                Greg  KO6TH

                The above are all I am aware of - the same thing really - the 2nd one being a port of the perl version to C.

                Lee - K5DAT

              • Charles Blackburn
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 10, 2012
                  I already have a perl script that does exactly this, logs in to the arps-is system, looks for messages to itself and replies with whatever it’s triggers are.

                  it is basically a linux based QRU server, havent worked on it much lately, just havent had time

                  charlie