Re: Feedback solicitation

  • jamesmhz
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 15, 2009
      I'm happy for those to send me messages while on APRS, people can message me anytime on my callsigns I got listed, the ZR5BBL-1 is my laptop but ZR5BBL is my mobile.

      You correct, its not touchscreen, my last one was and was driving me mad haha
      As for directional keys, I think 2 for up, 8 down, 4 left, 6 right would be better, that way its able to pan around the whole map in any direction and leaving the zoom function intact?
      May all of you have a festive, safe season and see you on APRS :)
      Sean Brad Inggs
      ZR5BBL
      South Africa
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 26, 2010
        m6xsd wrote:
        > Yep, point taken on 'Lost Fix' but I still think being able to select
        > pre-programmed static points when 'en-route' would be good, I can
        > think of quite a few situations where I would like to 'annouce'(for
        > want of a better word) that I'm not exactly where my GPS thinks I am
        > (or was).

        See Bob's APRS 1.1 extension called "Destination Waypoints" described at:

        http://wa8lmf.net/bruninga/APRS-docs/MOBILE.TXT

        This is part of the APRS 1.1 Spec Addendum you can see at:

        http://wa8lmf.net/bruninga/aprs/aprs11.html

        I'm considering supporting the ability to beacon a "destination
        waypoint" as well as interpret them and draw the lines that are
        described. I don't know how many other APRS clients do this, but it's
        part of the published spec, so I might as well support it! Who knows, I
        might even make it part of the Poll's () "slow beacon" mode!

        Oh, and another preview of things to come is that I'm designing a
        "coordinate picker" dialog that will embed the OpenStreetMap with pan
        and zoom to allow you to home in on and set a coordinate. It'll still
        support a variety of manually-entered coordinates, but you'll be able to
        see where you entered or enter what you see. - Thoughts?

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ