Re: [aprsisce] Filtered Overlay Reloading NWS Zooms (Dev: 2011/12/21 23:33)

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 22, 2011
      Yep, that's part of what I was referring to.  And in fact, that's exactly the one that I noticed that caused me to want to know the entry call.  Pete is working on a new version of javAPRSsrvr and inadvertently changed the source callsign for the NWS alerts.  He has since fixed it, but we all have an AE5PL-JF entry server now.

      You'll also see a similar message about NWS Product IDs as there's someone testing an NWS-like server in Italy and they're not yet using the published weather product codes, but are making up their own.

      On 12/22/2011 9:09 AM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
      Include entry call in diagnostic menu when a new NWS product is
      discovered. Also queue an internal message to notify user. These
      should be VERY rare, but there's some testing going on in Europe
      somewhere that isn't using the standard product IDs yet.

      This reminded me that I got a message recently.

      Is this what you are referring to? Although, this actually went out from my station.

      2011-12-14 23:04:11 UTC: N7FMH-10>KJ4ERJ-DB: Defaulted NWS EntryCall(AE5PL-JF) for qAO from FWDSVR

      Thanks for the continuing development!