Logging packets from specific station

  • Bob Harris
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2011
      Is there a way of logging just packets received via RF from a specific station? I need to monitor one particular station rather carefully.

      Bob Harris (K9UDX)
      Bath, NH

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 20, 2011
        Enables / Ports / Log All will create a *.PKT file for each operating session.  You can then search that file later for the station of interest.

        Alternatively, do a Control-G Filter Test of b/<callsign-ssid> of the station of interest.  That will give you only that station's packets in the FilterTest trace log.

        Alternatively, set up a dedicated instance with a zero configured Range and an Add Filter of b/<callsign-ssid> and then the enabled Packets trace log will show just that station.  This, in conjunction with Enables / Logging / File Enabled, will put all of those packets into that instance's APRSIS32*.LOG files.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 20, 2011
          Perfect! Thanks Lynn. That makes watching for the glitch in the TT4 easier.

          --

          Bob Harris (K9UDX)
          Bath, NH