Re: [aprsisce] Feedback solicitation

    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 14, 2009
      Thanks for the clarification. The first -RF capable version should work
      well with TNCs locked into KISS mode.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 26, 2010
        m6xsd wrote:
        > Yep, point taken on 'Lost Fix' but I still think being able to select
        > pre-programmed static points when 'en-route' would be good, I can
        > think of quite a few situations where I would like to 'annouce'(for
        > want of a better word) that I'm not exactly where my GPS thinks I am
        > (or was).

        See Bob's APRS 1.1 extension called "Destination Waypoints" described at:

        http://wa8lmf.net/bruninga/APRS-docs/MOBILE.TXT

        This is part of the APRS 1.1 Spec Addendum you can see at:

        http://wa8lmf.net/bruninga/aprs/aprs11.html

        I'm considering supporting the ability to beacon a "destination
        waypoint" as well as interpret them and draw the lines that are
        described. I don't know how many other APRS clients do this, but it's
        part of the published spec, so I might as well support it! Who knows, I
        might even make it part of the Poll's () "slow beacon" mode!

        Oh, and another preview of things to come is that I'm designing a
        "coordinate picker" dialog that will embed the OpenStreetMap with pan
        and zoom to allow you to home in on and set a coordinate. It'll still
        support a variety of manually-entered coordinates, but you'll be able to
        see where you entered or enter what you see. - Thoughts?

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ