Re: [aprsisce] Re: Feedback solicitation

    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 14, 2009
      jamesmhz wrote:
      > Hi Lynn,
      >
      > Been making great use of your win32 program, I havent recieved messages yet tho but overall, I've got no complaints/suggestions here yet.

      Just drop your callsign-SSID in here and I'm sure someone would be glad
      to assist with using the messaging functions! When my filter shows me
      clients moving, I sometimes fire off a message, but I don't like to
      intrude too much.

      > The mobile version however... is it not possible to pan around the map at all? Its hard to watch another station that moves off the map as its always centered on me.
      > I'm using it on a Samsung i617 blackjack 2.

      If I remember correctly, the BlackJack is a SmartPhone that doesn't have
      a touch screen, right? But does have a way to enter
      up/down/left/right? I was considering this the other day and am
      thinking about a menu option called View/Pan that will lock the
      directional keys to pan the map instead of their current functions of
      zoom (up/down) and fade (left/right). Being a BlackJack user, does that
      sound functional?

      > Keep up the great work!

      I plan to do just that as the time allows. Thanks for the feedback.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 26, 2010
        m6xsd wrote:
        > Yep, point taken on 'Lost Fix' but I still think being able to select
        > pre-programmed static points when 'en-route' would be good, I can
        > think of quite a few situations where I would like to 'annouce'(for
        > want of a better word) that I'm not exactly where my GPS thinks I am
        > (or was).

        See Bob's APRS 1.1 extension called "Destination Waypoints" described at:

        http://wa8lmf.net/bruninga/APRS-docs/MOBILE.TXT

        This is part of the APRS 1.1 Spec Addendum you can see at:

        http://wa8lmf.net/bruninga/aprs/aprs11.html

        I'm considering supporting the ability to beacon a "destination
        waypoint" as well as interpret them and draw the lines that are
        described. I don't know how many other APRS clients do this, but it's
        part of the published spec, so I might as well support it! Who knows, I
        might even make it part of the Poll's () "slow beacon" mode!

        Oh, and another preview of things to come is that I'm designing a
        "coordinate picker" dialog that will embed the OpenStreetMap with pan
        and zoom to allow you to home in on and set a coordinate. It'll still
        support a variety of manually-entered coordinates, but you'll be able to
        see where you entered or enter what you see. - Thoughts?

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ