Re: [aprsisce] AutoZooming NWS Views? (Dev: 2011/12/01 22:26)

  • Colin 2E0XSD
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
      x2. I have just copied the keps from here:
      http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all and now can't get
      to the bottom of the list. I guess I could wait until the Satellites I
      can't currently see reach the top but a scroll bar would be nice.

      73,
      Colin.

      On 02/12/2011 10:24, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:
      > Small change request to Satellite Details window - scroll bar would be
      > useful.
    • Krzysztof SQ5NWI
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
        Colin,

        you can stretch the window - try.
        Anyway, scroll bar still welcome.
        --
        Regards,

        Krzysztof
        SQ5NWI

        x2. I have just copied the keps from here:
        http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all and now can't get to
        the bottom of the list. I guess I could wait until the Satellites I can't
        currently see reach the top but a scroll bar would be nice.

        73,
        Colin.

        On 02/12/2011 10:24, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:
        > Small change request to Satellite Details window - scroll bar would be
        > useful.
      • Colin 2E0XSD
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
          Thanks Krzysztof,

          I had worked that out (after a bit of playing) but I currently only see the first 61 at most.
          So a scroll bar would be very nice.
          I was also wondering if they could be grouped by type, so you can select the particular groups you are interested in.

          73,
          Colin.

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
              Save you a search:

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-line_elements

              FieldColumnsContentExample
              101–01Line number1
              203–07Satellite number25544
              308–08Classification (U=Unclassified)U
              410–11International Designator (Last two digits of launch year)98
              512–14International Designator (Launch number of the year)067
              615–17International Designator (Piece of the launch)A
              719–20Epoch Year (Last two digits of year)08
              821–32Epoch (Day of the year and fractional portion of the day)264.51782528
              934–43First Time Derivative of the Mean Motion divided by two−0.00002182
              1045–52Second Time Derivative of Mean Motion divided by six (decimal point assumed)00000-0
              1154–61BSTAR drag term (decimal point assumed)-11606-4
              1263–63The number 0 (Originally this should have been "Ephemeris type")0
              1365–68Element number292
              1469–69Checksum (Modulo 10)7

              On 12/2/2011 7:05 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
              Look inside the TLE and tell me which of those numbers defines a "type" suitable for grouping?

              All the Satellite details window has to (reliably) go on (especially for future 'birds) is the information provided in the TLE.  Every other source of satellite data I've seen is humanly readable, but not formatted for programmatic consumption and interpretation.

              On 12/2/2011 6:08 AM, Colin 2E0XSD wrote:
              Thanks Krzysztof,

              I had worked that out (after a bit of playing) but I currently only see the first 61 at most.
              So a scroll bar would be very nice.
              I was also wondering if they could be grouped by type, so you can select the particular groups you are interested in.

              73,
              Colin.

              On 02/12/2011 10:58, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:

              Colin,

              you can stretch the window - try.
              Anyway, scroll bar still welcome.
              --
              Regards,

              Krzysztof
              SQ5NWI

              x2. I have just copied the keps from here:
              http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all and now can't get to
              the bottom of the list. I guess I could wait until the Satellites I can't
              currently see reach the top but a scroll bar would be nice.

              73,
              Colin.

              On 02/12/2011 10:24, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:
              > Small change request to Satellite Details window - scroll bar would be
              > useful.

            • Krzysztof SQ5NWI
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
                Lynn,

                I'm not sure, but probably there is no good factor inside of TLEs.
                I would propose to introduce user manually defined grouping feature - like
                in instant messaging clients contacts grouping or in cell phone, etc.

                I have no idea if this is simple or not for programmer, but this is your
                area.
                --
                Regards,

                Krzysztof
                SQ5NWI

                On 12/2/2011 7:05 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
                Look inside the TLE and tell me which of those numbers defines a "type"
                suitable for grouping?

                All the Satellite details window has to (reliably) go on (especially for
                future 'birds) is the information provided in the TLE.  Every other source
                of satellite data I've seen is humanly readable, but not formatted for
                programmatic consumption and interpretation.

                On 12/2/2011 6:08 AM, Colin 2E0XSD wrote:
                Thanks Krzysztof,

                I had worked that out (after a bit of playing) but I currently only see the
                first 61 at most.
                So a scroll bar would be very nice.
                I was also wondering if they could be grouped by type, so you can select the
                particular groups you are interested in.

                73,
                Colin.

                On 02/12/2011 10:58, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:

                Colin,

                you can stretch the window - try.
                Anyway, scroll bar still welcome.
                --
                Regards,

                Krzysztof
                SQ5NWI

                x2. I have just copied the keps from here:
                http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all and now can't get to
                the bottom of the list. I guess I could wait until the Satellites I can't
                currently see reach the top but a scroll bar would be nice.

                73,
                Colin.

                On 02/12/2011 10:24, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:
                > Small change request to Satellite Details window - scroll bar would be
                > useful.
              • Colin 2E0XSD