RE: [aprsisce] AutoZooming NWS Views? (Dev: 2011/12/01 22:26)

  • Krzysztof SQ5NWI
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
      Small change request to Satellite Details window - scroll bar would be
      useful.
      --
      Regards,

      Krzysztof
      SQ5NWI

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
        x2. I have just copied the keps from here:
        http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all and now can't get
        to the bottom of the list. I guess I could wait until the Satellites I
        can't currently see reach the top but a scroll bar would be nice.

        73,
        Colin.

        On 02/12/2011 10:24, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:
        > Small change request to Satellite Details window - scroll bar would be
        > useful.
      • Krzysztof SQ5NWI
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
          Colin,

          you can stretch the window - try.
          Anyway, scroll bar still welcome.
          --
          Regards,

          Krzysztof
          SQ5NWI

          x2. I have just copied the keps from here:
          http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all and now can't get to
          the bottom of the list. I guess I could wait until the Satellites I can't
          currently see reach the top but a scroll bar would be nice.

          73,
          Colin.

          On 02/12/2011 10:24, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:
          > Small change request to Satellite Details window - scroll bar would be
          > useful.
        • Colin 2E0XSD
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
            Thanks Krzysztof,

            I had worked that out (after a bit of playing) but I currently only see the first 61 at most.
            So a scroll bar would be very nice.
            I was also wondering if they could be grouped by type, so you can select the particular groups you are interested in.

            73,
            Colin.

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
                Save you a search:

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-line_elements

                FieldColumnsContentExample
                101–01Line number1
                203–07Satellite number25544
                308–08Classification (U=Unclassified)U
                410–11International Designator (Last two digits of launch year)98
                512–14International Designator (Launch number of the year)067
                615–17International Designator (Piece of the launch)A
                719–20Epoch Year (Last two digits of year)08
                821–32Epoch (Day of the year and fractional portion of the day)264.51782528
                934–43First Time Derivative of the Mean Motion divided by two−0.00002182
                1045–52Second Time Derivative of Mean Motion divided by six (decimal point assumed)00000-0
                1154–61BSTAR drag term (decimal point assumed)-11606-4
                1263–63The number 0 (Originally this should have been "Ephemeris type")0
                1365–68Element number292
                1469–69Checksum (Modulo 10)7

                On 12/2/2011 7:05 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
                Look inside the TLE and tell me which of those numbers defines a "type" suitable for grouping?

                All the Satellite details window has to (reliably) go on (especially for future 'birds) is the information provided in the TLE.  Every other source of satellite data I've seen is humanly readable, but not formatted for programmatic consumption and interpretation.

                On 12/2/2011 6:08 AM, Colin 2E0XSD wrote:
                Thanks Krzysztof,

                I had worked that out (after a bit of playing) but I currently only see the first 61 at most.
                So a scroll bar would be very nice.
                I was also wondering if they could be grouped by type, so you can select the particular groups you are interested in.

                73,
                Colin.

                On 02/12/2011 10:58, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:

                Colin,

                you can stretch the window - try.
                Anyway, scroll bar still welcome.
                --
                Regards,

                Krzysztof
                SQ5NWI

                x2. I have just copied the keps from here:
                http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all and now can't get to
                the bottom of the list. I guess I could wait until the Satellites I can't
                currently see reach the top but a scroll bar would be nice.

                73,
                Colin.

                On 02/12/2011 10:24, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:
                > Small change request to Satellite Details window - scroll bar would be
                > useful.

              • Krzysztof SQ5NWI
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
                  Lynn,

                  I'm not sure, but probably there is no good factor inside of TLEs.
                  I would propose to introduce user manually defined grouping feature - like
                  in instant messaging clients contacts grouping or in cell phone, etc.

                  I have no idea if this is simple or not for programmer, but this is your
                  area.
                  --
                  Regards,

                  Krzysztof
                  SQ5NWI

                  On 12/2/2011 7:05 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
                  Look inside the TLE and tell me which of those numbers defines a "type"
                  suitable for grouping?

                  All the Satellite details window has to (reliably) go on (especially for
                  future 'birds) is the information provided in the TLE.  Every other source
                  of satellite data I've seen is humanly readable, but not formatted for
                  programmatic consumption and interpretation.

                  On 12/2/2011 6:08 AM, Colin 2E0XSD wrote:
                  Thanks Krzysztof,

                  I had worked that out (after a bit of playing) but I currently only see the
                  first 61 at most.
                  So a scroll bar would be very nice.
                  I was also wondering if they could be grouped by type, so you can select the
                  particular groups you are interested in.

                  73,
                  Colin.

                  On 02/12/2011 10:58, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:

                  Colin,

                  you can stretch the window - try.
                  Anyway, scroll bar still welcome.
                  --
                  Regards,

                  Krzysztof
                  SQ5NWI

                  x2. I have just copied the keps from here:
                  http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all and now can't get to
                  the bottom of the list. I guess I could wait until the Satellites I can't
                  currently see reach the top but a scroll bar would be nice.

                  73,
                  Colin.

                  On 02/12/2011 10:24, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:
                  > Small change request to Satellite Details window - scroll bar would be
                  > useful.
                • Colin 2E0XSD