Re: NWS Map Highlighting

  • chuckbland
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 1, 2011
      I also think I had another mistake. I had only loaded one of the three sets of shapefiles. I have a feeling all three need to be loaded. So that is done.

      I guess I should ask, is it ANY message from an enabled office that should light-up a shape on my map?Or perhaps are my expectations of how this works incorrect?

      For example, my serving NWS office is STO. I am getting messages from STO, but no shapes are lighting up.

      Chuck

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "chuckbland" <BackForty@...> wrote:

      > I'm waiting for the next notification to find out if it did the trick.
      >
      > Fingers crossed.
      >
      > Chuck
      >
      > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@> wrote:
      > >
      > > A minus trumps an add filter spec in all cases. So you should be good
      > > now. I missed the -t/n when I glanced at your filter!
      > >
      > > Since you seem to be filter-saavy, you can Enables / View Logs / Filter
      > > to see the full filter that APRSISCE/32 has built on your behalf. Many
      > > of the things that you have to manually specify in other clients are not
      > > necessary in APRSISCE/32. See also
      > > http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:automatic-filters

      > > On 12/1/2011 6:35 PM, chuckbland wrote:
      > > > I removed the "-t/n". That was blocking NWS Weather and NWS Area Objects, according to the filter spec. The filter trace showed the program added it's own "t/n" (trying to pass those items), so I'm not sure which on wins.
      > > >
      > > > Anyway, watching now to see if that fixed it.

    • chuckbland
      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 15, 2011
        Of course, the weather that was generating all the alerts went away, so it took a while to get more alerts.

        I have put together a zip file of screen shots of my configuration, highlighted shapes, and messages captured from the packet log.

        You can get it at http://www.blandranch.net/Files/lynn.zip