AutoZooming NWS Views? (Dev: 2011/12/01 22:26)

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2011
      When panning an AutoZoom window that is Locked on the center, it now
      jumps back to center BEFORE zooming out when anything hits the edge of
      the screen.

      Rotate the slash in the "Not(All)" circle to 45 degrees instead of
      horizontally across "all". I'm not sure I like this, so please give me
      feedback. There just isn't enough resolution to make the diagonal slash
      look good?

      Change "all" to "one" (without the circle) when View / None is selected.
      I'm not sure if I like this either. Is there a better word?

      Add a minimize button to the Satellite Details window. (Steve G6UIM)

      When unchecking (disabling) an NWS Office, ask if it should be removed
      from the list. (Chuck NA6BR)

      PS. Reposted with a proper subject...
    • Krzysztof SQ5NWI
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
        Small change request to Satellite Details window - scroll bar would be
        useful.
        --
        Regards,

        Krzysztof
        SQ5NWI

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
          x2. I have just copied the keps from here:
          http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all and now can't get
          to the bottom of the list. I guess I could wait until the Satellites I
          can't currently see reach the top but a scroll bar would be nice.

          73,
          Colin.

          On 02/12/2011 10:24, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:
          > Small change request to Satellite Details window - scroll bar would be
          > useful.
        • Krzysztof SQ5NWI
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
            Colin,

            you can stretch the window - try.
            Anyway, scroll bar still welcome.
            --
            Regards,

            Krzysztof
            SQ5NWI

            x2. I have just copied the keps from here:
            http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all and now can't get to
            the bottom of the list. I guess I could wait until the Satellites I can't
            currently see reach the top but a scroll bar would be nice.

            73,
            Colin.

            On 02/12/2011 10:24, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:
            > Small change request to Satellite Details window - scroll bar would be
            > useful.
          • Colin 2E0XSD
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
              Thanks Krzysztof,

              I had worked that out (after a bit of playing) but I currently only see the first 61 at most.
              So a scroll bar would be very nice.
              I was also wondering if they could be grouped by type, so you can select the particular groups you are interested in.

              73,
              Colin.

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
                  Save you a search:

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-line_elements

                  FieldColumnsContentExample
                  101–01Line number1
                  203–07Satellite number25544
                  308–08Classification (U=Unclassified)U
                  410–11International Designator (Last two digits of launch year)98
                  512–14International Designator (Launch number of the year)067
                  615–17International Designator (Piece of the launch)A
                  719–20Epoch Year (Last two digits of year)08
                  821–32Epoch (Day of the year and fractional portion of the day)264.51782528
                  934–43First Time Derivative of the Mean Motion divided by two−0.00002182
                  1045–52Second Time Derivative of Mean Motion divided by six (decimal point assumed)00000-0
                  1154–61BSTAR drag term (decimal point assumed)-11606-4
                  1263–63The number 0 (Originally this should have been "Ephemeris type")0
                  1365–68Element number292
                  1469–69Checksum (Modulo 10)7

                  On 12/2/2011 7:05 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
                  Look inside the TLE and tell me which of those numbers defines a "type" suitable for grouping?

                  All the Satellite details window has to (reliably) go on (especially for future 'birds) is the information provided in the TLE.  Every other source of satellite data I've seen is humanly readable, but not formatted for programmatic consumption and interpretation.

                  On 12/2/2011 6:08 AM, Colin 2E0XSD wrote:
                  Thanks Krzysztof,

                  I had worked that out (after a bit of playing) but I currently only see the first 61 at most.
                  So a scroll bar would be very nice.
                  I was also wondering if they could be grouped by type, so you can select the particular groups you are interested in.

                  73,
                  Colin.

                  On 02/12/2011 10:58, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:

                  Colin,

                  you can stretch the window - try.
                  Anyway, scroll bar still welcome.
                  --
                  Regards,

                  Krzysztof
                  SQ5NWI

                  x2. I have just copied the keps from here:
                  http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all and now can't get to
                  the bottom of the list. I guess I could wait until the Satellites I can't
                  currently see reach the top but a scroll bar would be nice.

                  73,
                  Colin.

                  On 02/12/2011 10:24, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:
                  > Small change request to Satellite Details window - scroll bar would be
                  > useful.

                • Krzysztof SQ5NWI
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
                    Lynn,

                    I'm not sure, but probably there is no good factor inside of TLEs.
                    I would propose to introduce user manually defined grouping feature - like
                    in instant messaging clients contacts grouping or in cell phone, etc.

                    I have no idea if this is simple or not for programmer, but this is your
                    area.
                    --
                    Regards,

                    Krzysztof
                    SQ5NWI

                    On 12/2/2011 7:05 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
                    Look inside the TLE and tell me which of those numbers defines a "type"
                    suitable for grouping?

                    All the Satellite details window has to (reliably) go on (especially for
                    future 'birds) is the information provided in the TLE.  Every other source
                    of satellite data I've seen is humanly readable, but not formatted for
                    programmatic consumption and interpretation.

                    On 12/2/2011 6:08 AM, Colin 2E0XSD wrote:
                    Thanks Krzysztof,

                    I had worked that out (after a bit of playing) but I currently only see the
                    first 61 at most.
                    So a scroll bar would be very nice.
                    I was also wondering if they could be grouped by type, so you can select the
                    particular groups you are interested in.

                    73,
                    Colin.

                    On 02/12/2011 10:58, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:

                    Colin,

                    you can stretch the window - try.
                    Anyway, scroll bar still welcome.
                    --
                    Regards,

                    Krzysztof
                    SQ5NWI

                    x2. I have just copied the keps from here:
                    http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all and now can't get to
                    the bottom of the list. I guess I could wait until the Satellites I can't
                    currently see reach the top but a scroll bar would be nice.

                    73,
                    Colin.

                    On 02/12/2011 10:24, Krzysztof SQ5NWI wrote:
                    > Small change request to Satellite Details window - scroll bar would be
                    > useful.
                  • Colin 2E0XSD