ISS Shadow Experiment Update

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
      CURRENT INFORMATION ON 02-05.11.2011 SERIES OF SPASE EXPERIMENT “SHADOW-BEACON”

      Dear friends!

      It was earlier announced that timetable of SpEx “Shadow-beacon” sessions on November 26-27 -2011 was reduced because the crew is newcomers and need much time to assimilate the experience. For the same reason earlier announced sessions on December 02-05 -2011 are cancelled all.

      Sergey Samburov (RV3DR), the employee of space-rocket corporation "Energia" which is responsible for an amateur radio on ISS, explains that an observed fact that the onboard radio “Sputnik” was accidentally switched on standard simplex 145.825 MHz not the ordered duplex 144.36/ 145.825 MHz digipeater mode because of old age of the onboard gear- it is in use more than 10 years. Some times Sergey has already observed malfunction like this.

      New radio are to be delivered onboard ISS by April cargo vehicle and Mission Control Center (TsUP) plans new SpEx “Shadow-beacon” sessions on May-June 2012. With this reason you are asked not to delete your registration on our site.

      Again many thanks for those submitted reports and made other assistance! The results of data processing will be presented on our site.

      We wait for further cooperation!
    • Charles Blackburn
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
        well, not a first.. but yet another successful screw up lol

        charlie
      • Michael _
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2011
          Riiiight......I believe every word.

[...]