- Are you connected to Firenet? You will need to. Best regards, Fred, N7FMH _____ From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf OfMessage 1 of 37 , Dec 1, 2011View SourceAre you connected to Firenet? You will need to.Best regards,Fred, N7FMH
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of chuckbland
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 16:33
Subject: [aprsisce] NWS Map Highlighting
I almost hate to ask, so I've been messing with this for a while and reading what I can find, but I must be missing something.
I'm using version 2011/08/21 16:57
Here's what I've done:
* loaded c_01ja11.zip
* added and enabled shape file
* added and checked offices STO and HNX
* added p/STO/HNX to filter spec
* I get messages from HNX??? with urgent weather bulletins
* I get messages from STO??? with urgent weather bulletins
* Nothing lights-up on the map
Is there something I haven't done?
Is there something not happening to light-up the counties?
With all the hi winds and weather alerts I'm getting, I'd think there would be stuff showing up.
- Of course, the weather that was generating all the alerts went away, so it took a while to get more alerts. I have put together a zip file of screen shots ofMessage 37 of 37 , Dec 15, 2011View SourceOf course, the weather that was generating all the alerts went away, so it took a while to get more alerts.
I have put together a zip file of screen shots of my configuration, highlighted shapes, and messages captured from the packet log.
You can get it at http://www.blandranch.net/Files/lynn.zip
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "chuckbland" <BackForty@...> wrote:
> Just saw all this tonight. I'll do your suggestions in the morning.
> Thanks, Lynn.
> --- In email@example.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@> wrote:
> > Ok, one more final thing...
> > a) Make sure you have more available MultiTracks than you have
> > configured NWS Offices (yes, this is a bug, it's the total number of
> > configured offices, whether enabled or not).
> > b) Select Configure / NWS / Show Offices / Show Individuals.
> > c) A bunch of MultiTracks will open and take a fairly long time to do
> > so. When the dust settles (and your PC begins responding again), you
> > should have a MultiTrack for each enabled NWS Office (I told you the
> > available count check was busted).
> > In my case, I got 7 of them, but I'm only including my local office's
> > highlightable zones below.
> > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
> > On 12/2/2011 6:46 PM, chuckbland wrote:
> > > This is frustrating. I get messages from my local NWS office (STO), but no shapes light up.
> > >
> > > Are my expectations wrong? Have I left out something else?
> > >
> > > What's the story?
> > >
> > > Chuck
> > >