Re: [aprsisce] 2009/12/03 - New Release! - Station Tracking

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 13, 2009
      Dave,

      Here's the filter text from one of my APRSIS32 clients (works on
      APRSISCE as well):

      r/27.99673/-80.659072/1 b/N4GVA-2 b/AI4RI-2 u/APWW*/APWM*

      That says only give me 1 (yes, ONE) kilometer around my home
      coordinates, but give me ALL of N4GVA-2 and AI4RI-2 packets. It also
      tracks all of the APRSISCE and APRSIS32 clients (the u/ filter).

      You also need to connect to an APRS-IS server's filter port that doesn't
      previously filter out who you're trying to watch. I connect mine to
      port 14580 of rotate.aprs2.net. You set this up by manually editing the
      .XML file while the client is NOT running. Otherwise, your changes will
      get overwritten when you exit the client.

      If that doesn't work, we'll try something more extensive.

      Oh, and when you start getting packets for him, the map will not
      automatically move to where he is. You have to click on his callsign in
      the scrolling station list and select "Center" from the popup menu.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      PS. Just for the record, here's the filter from my APRSISCE client
      (KJ4ERJ-12):

      b/N4GVA* b/KJ4ERJ* b/KJ4DXK* b/KJ4OVQ* s/@/@ u/APWW*/APWM* -b/WINLINK

      N4GVA is an airplane tracker from Daytona
      KJ4ERJ is of course all of my clients and trackers
      KJ4DXK is my son
      KJ4OVQ is my wife

      Yes, I keep it all in the family!