Re: [aprsisce] Feedback solicitation

    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 13, 2009
      Francisco Guerra wrote:
      > Commands for enter/exit KISS mode in MFJ-1278 TNC are: "KISS ON" and
      > "RESTART" respectively.
      So "KISS ON" puts it immediately into KISS mode? But once there, I
      suspect it won't understand "RESTART" because it's looking for KISS packets?

      I know the Alinco requires both "KISS ON" and "RESTART" to put it into
      KISS mode. And a 3 character non-printable sequence (I don't have it
      handy) to take it out. Is it possible the MFJ is similar?

      > 73's CT1AKV
      > (PS: Did you read the comments in my last msg?)
      Yes, I thought I did. Ah, I see them now. I'll comment back on them on
      a separate reply.

      Lynn (D) - Finding it hard to fathom a KISS TNC understanding a word
      command to leave KISS mode

      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 26, 2010
        m6xsd wrote:
        > Yep, point taken on 'Lost Fix' but I still think being able to select
        > pre-programmed static points when 'en-route' would be good, I can
        > think of quite a few situations where I would like to 'annouce'(for
        > want of a better word) that I'm not exactly where my GPS thinks I am
        > (or was).

        See Bob's APRS 1.1 extension called "Destination Waypoints" described at:

        This is part of the APRS 1.1 Spec Addendum you can see at:

        I'm considering supporting the ability to beacon a "destination
        waypoint" as well as interpret them and draw the lines that are
        described. I don't know how many other APRS clients do this, but it's
        part of the published spec, so I might as well support it! Who knows, I
        might even make it part of the Poll's () "slow beacon" mode!

        Oh, and another preview of things to come is that I'm designing a
        "coordinate picker" dialog that will embed the OpenStreetMap with pan
        and zoom to allow you to home in on and set a coordinate. It'll still
        support a variety of manually-entered coordinates, but you'll be able to
        see where you entered or enter what you see. - Thoughts?

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ