Re: APRSIS32 under Linux

  • kc4lzn
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 1, 2011
      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Daniels" <steve@...> wrote:

      > I am interested in information on getting APRSIS32 running on any platform,
      > if someone can write up how to get it working with Linux Or Mac then great
      >

      > Steve Daniels
      >
      > G6UIM
      >
      > Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      Steve, were you able to get it to run under WINE?

      I was able to run it fine in Virtual Box but have not been successful in running under WINE. Better explained, I can run and perform if I connect to just the internet (through the server) but if I try to connect to NMEA (Configure/Ports/NMEA), the second window that is supposed to come up after asking you about TCP/IP, never comes up (the configuration windows for the NMEA port).

      I invoked ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 ~/.cxoffice/aprsis32/dosdevices/com1 but it doesn't seem to matter. I have used this link in terminal before with other programs with no problem.

      Am I missing something or is there someone else in the group that has successfully set up a GPS on APRSIS32 under WINE?

      (and yes, the /dev/ttyUSB0 is a USB to serial adapter)

      73 John
    • Rob Giuliano
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 3, 2011
        Sorry for the confusion, did not proof read.  The quotes were to indicate the words in the typical menu rather than a literal (in my case) mispelling.  The menu item is usually Administration (at least in Gnome desktops) as you pointed out.

        Robert Giuliano
        KB8RCO

        From: Steve Daniels <steve@...>
        To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 8:27 AM

        I need to tidy it up but it’s now here

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:linux

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        From: Steve Daniels <steve@...>
        To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 11:03 PM

        Got the file this time, thanks for spending the time on the writeup Rob

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        From: Steve Daniels <steve@...>
        To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 7:48 PM

        When we get this nailed down a bit I will add a wiki page, something I have wanted to do for awhile

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator