IS-Server Fix + OSM Compliance (Dev: 2011/10/30 19:33)

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2011
      Reduced the OSM tile fetch thread count to be in compliance with their
      tile use policy. APRSISCE/32 was using more than 2 threads for
      immediate screen paint tile fetches, but automatically reduces to a
      single thread for more mundane retrievals. This is now reduced to
      comply. What you may notice is that it takes longer for the map to fill
      in around the center as fewer threads are fetching in parallel. The
      same total number of tiles will eventually be fetched, but the spike in
      server demand when you change centers quickly will be flattened and
      broadened.

      Fixed the Friend-filter bust in the IS-Server support. My own full-feed
      server has not crashed with the fix for the past few hours, so I think
      I've got it nailed. It affected downstream clients using either an
      f/call/range or t/xxx/call/range, the former of which is an automatic
      filter when centering on non-ME in the main window. You should be safe
      in using the IS-server with this upgrade.

      Note to the person (sorry for not remembering specifics) that had
      upgraded your WINE/Parallels environment and was experiencing
      intermittent crashes after that. If you were using that instance as a
      local IS-Server, this may fix your issue.

    • Rob Giuliano
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2011
        That was me.
        I'll restart the IS-server and see.

        Robert Giuliano
        KB8RCO

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
          That fixed the issue I was having with IS-Server in teh Virtualbox WindowsXP environment.  Some of the changes I did previously would get it to work for about a day or less.  Now it has run straight since this upgrade (minus other upgrades).
          Thanks!
          I was struggling to figure out what else on the configuration I could change.

          Robert Giuliano
          KB8RCO

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
              If it happens again, I'll post.