OpenStreetMap - Tiles Usage Policy

  • thecoremaster64
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 30, 2011
      Hi folks,

      I'm comming over from the OpenStreetMap community with some (maybe bad) news.
      Well during the past weeks we had massive server problems, cause a lot of Apps embedded our webmap. For that reason we had to block the most popular applications [1] cause they simply violate our tiles usage policy [2].

      Now I did some visualisations/compares and it turns out that APRSIS32 (is it your tool?) is in the top #20 Apps.
      So we please you to check again if the tool fullfils our policy (they aren't opinal) and if it would be possible to make use of third party services as MapQuest or Cloudmade for example. To make clear, we realy enjoy people using our material, but on the other hand we have to make sure that our main goal (well "creating" a map, isn't it?) can still be continued by our users.

      [1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Blocked_applications
      [2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tile_usage_policy

      Hope you are not to angry, I'm just the one who brings the news ;)

      bye
      Matthias (user:!i!)
    • metalhead@exemail.com.au
      Message 35 of 35 , Nov 1, 2011
        hi Keehan - VE6XVK (ex VK4)
        Thanks for the help, i have it all going right now, well the way i want it
        till i change it again.. hi hi..
        Re the Echolink system, YES i do run a echolink node under VK2BLO-L node
        number 270506, and Yes Darrell VK2JDE from Bathurst, has been working it
        hard. I have had it going for some time now, around 3 years on this call
        and some 5 years on the old call. i work it through the local repeater
        VK2RAO (FRED), as it's call. I love playing with it, running a weather
        station on it as well, same with APRSis, look up VK2BLO-1 on APRSis, QTH
        Orange, New south wales, Australia.
        I try and spend the best part of the day after work, working on the PC's
        it keeps me out of trouble most of the time..
        Thank to Lynn to i have the APRSis stuff filling up the day as well, just
        love it. Luckily this side i have a friend here VK2ASY Kim, he has put a
        great deal of time into this stuff as well APRSis that is, so most of the
        time i am calling him and finding all the new stuff going on with it now.
        This si going on to much, so i will leave it at that now.
        Chat later.. local time here is 15:40 Wednesday 2/11/11.

        Cheers Pete VK2BLO