APRSIS32 under Linux

  • Rob Giuliano
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 17, 2011
      I know there are several people out there who have been running APRSIS32 under Linux WINE.  I am one of them.  I also have a version running in a full Windows XP environment under VirtualBox.

      I learned a lesson this weekend about updating the Virtualbox environment with a working system:
          IN SHORT: Shortcuts created to start the Windows XP enviroment may not start properly after an updated Virtualbox.  delete these direct shortcuts and start the main virtualbox environment.  After that is working, you can recreate your 'more direct' shortcuts.
      Should there be a reference in the WIKI on APRSIS under Linux?
      There is a reference for the serial port under Hardware, but nothing else.
      One could argue that those with that aspiration should rely on the WINE documentation and the APRSIS32 portion doesn't change from the normal Windows installation.

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO

    • Rob Giuliano
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 3, 2011
        Sorry for the confusion, did not proof read.  The quotes were to indicate the words in the typical menu rather than a literal (in my case) mispelling.  The menu item is usually Administration (at least in Gnome desktops) as you pointed out.

        Robert Giuliano
        KB8RCO

        From: Steve Daniels <steve@...>
        To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thursday, November 3, 2011, 8:27 AM

        I need to tidy it up but it’s now here

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:linux

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        From: Steve Daniels <steve@...>
        To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 11:03 PM

        Got the file this time, thanks for spending the time on the writeup Rob

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        From: Steve Daniels <steve@...>
        To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wednesday, November 2, 2011, 7:48 PM

        When we get this nailed down a bit I will add a wiki page, something I have wanted to do for awhile

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator