Interesting Screen "Bug" or "Feature"?

  • gsdatplace
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2010
      Updated to the latest dev build this morning, noticed something strange when I resized the main window....
      If I keep the aspect ratio fairly consistant with a 4:3 radio everything looks fine, when I dragged the screen over to my portrait monitor, the "APRS-IS is OK/time window" suddently stretched to cover the top edge of the screen full width, the stations window shrunk to the top left corner, only displaying 6 stations, and "no msg" popped from the upper right to the left side and below the stations window...
      I tried it just on my regular monitor, it seems to "flip" as soon as the height becomes taller than the width of the current window.
      "feature" or "Bug"?
      ;)

      Garrett
      VE6RKY
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2010
        See the options under the Configure / Orientation cascading menu. You
        probably have Automatic checked. APRSISCE/32 has 2 available layouts
        depending on whether it detects a portrait (taller) or landscape (wider)
        screen/window size. Wide puts the APRS-IS OK and scrolling station logs
        along the top of the screen providing for a wider map. Narrow puts the
        APRS-IS OK in the top left corner with the scrolling station log down
        the left side providing for a narrower (but taller) map display.

        This isn't new in the development version but dates back to almost the
        beginning of time. Automatic works really well on a 320x240 cellphone
        screen that can be either portrait or landscape like the AT&T Tilt.
        When you slide the keyboard out, the screen automatically flips. It
        flips back when the phone is slid shut again.