Re: [aprsisce] HP Jornada

  • Colin Catlin
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2010
      Thanks for posting that Paul,

      You have reminded me that I have an HP Jornada (680 I think), I don't use it any more because very little modern software will run on it. But I thought it was too good to get rid of (decent size screen, full keyboard and a proper RS232 interface. If I remember correctly).
      Now if it could run APRSISCE it could be very useful to interface to a Radio (via a TinyTrak perhaps).

      I think it ran CE 3.0 but have a feeling it was was pre 2000, so perhaps not.

      So,
      Lynn,
      is there any hope of APRSISCE workingon older versions of CE?

      73,
      Colin.

      On 02/05/2010 07:43, ahanktcd wrote:

      Tonight I purchased a Jornada... a cool little Handheld PC from HP. By its own admission, it runs Windows Handheld 2000. But it seems to be Windows CE 3.0. It runs at around 200 MHz, has a color screen, large keyboard (for a handheld), and most importantly. .. has a serial port!

      I synced (sp?) the device with Active Sync 3.8 and was able to transfer APRSISCE6P to the device. However, the following error message is displayed when I open the exe on the Jornada:

      APRSISCE6P is not a valid Windows CE application. Is it possible to build APRSISCE for Windows Handheld 2000?

      Thanks,
      Paul (Lynns son)

      I thought I'd write this here so all can benefit. :)

      Here are a few relevant links:

      Windows CE Lineage http://www.hpcfacto r.com/support/ windowsce/

      Jornada http://h10025. www1.hp.com/ ewfrf/wc/ product?lc= en&dlc=en& cc=us&product= 61677

      ActiveSync 3.8 http://www.hpcfacto r.com/downloads/ details.asp? r=7FC24955- 1BEA-46EE- 8F51-675D01498DB 4