Re: [aprsisce] DX Status

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2011
      Trace logs will only appear in the list after the first time anything
      tried to go into them. If you've not observed any direct packets since
      the restart, the DX log won't be an option. I keep logs that I frequent
      always enabled so that they are pre-created across restarts.

      That said, the logs were originally intended for debugging and may come
      and go without warning. Several of them, like the <YourPortName> and
      Packets and Transmit and such will slowly be made more user-friendly and
      all debug logs I hope to demote to a deeper menu to help differentiate them.

      PS. For the non-eavesdroppers out there, I noticed Larry's instance
      sending out very quick, relatively short DX reports on 30m HF and
      suggested that he review the Configure / DX ranges to set them to more
      reasonable values for HF operation. I run my KJ4ERJ-2 HF instance with
      a minimum distance of 300 miles (hopefully eliminates ground wave) and a
      min trigger of 1000 (which I'm actually considering raising even further
      or putting some sort of short delay in the trigger so as not to transmit
      the Status Report w/DX as soon as the packet was parsed).