iGate Settings

  • kb1vcz
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2011
      I have a question related to SSID when setting up an iGate.

      I'm using a Tracker 2 and APRSIS32.

      Should the tracker and the software have the same id (KB1VCZ), or do I need separate SSID's and just have the tracker beacon?

      Currently, I have the software using KB1VCZ-10 and the tracker using KB1VCZ, but I think I need to change this.

      I have a handheld that I'm using to test the setup and it is KB1VCZ-7.

      I am able to iGate the KB1VCZ-7 test packet, and it shows as having come from KB1VCZ-10, which makes sense, but on aprs.fi I see three icons, representing the three devices and seperate SSID's.

      So how do you set this up so that you have one iGate station showing?

      I'm also having a hard time getting my head around the coordinates of the software and the tracker when testing this.

      Should I just zero out the coordinates on the tracker, and use only the software coordinates? (note my GPS is inside so I just use the manual fixed coordinate setting in the tracker, so this is what I would disable)

      It would be nice to see a tutorial on setting up an iGate with the OT2m and APRSIS32.

      Any help would be appreciated!

      Jeremy
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2011

        You need a separate SSID for each device that you use, and each device will show on aprs.fi you get an igate by default with APRSIS32 digipeating is on the link below

        If you are driving the tracker via APRSIS I would put the tracker into KISS mode and let the software do the work, that way the TRACKER won’t show as a separate device

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/digipeating

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/ssids

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2011
          Will this configuration allow for the software to beacon via RF?

          I haven't been able to get that to work.

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2011
            http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/transmitting