RE: [aprsisce] Google +1

  • N3UJJ
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

      Did it an hour ago, went from 2 to 3

      Scott Gillis N3UJJ
      My HamShack
      My Current Location
      My Amateur Weather Station
      My BOINC standings
      cid:part1.06080100.05060106@...

      From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:aprsisce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Steve Daniels
      Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2011 11:44
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [aprsisce] Google +1

      I had not realised that, I have coded a +1 button on the site but am not sure it works yet,

      So those of you who have a google account please hit the +1 on google.

      I have an account because I use the webmaster tools and analytics, I don’t use gmail

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
        unless your signed in, even then it is NOT so obvious.....more so if asleep at the keyboard!  Lol

        73
        Steve, kf6wax

        On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Andrew Riddell <ve3maf@...> wrote:

        Had to look twice to find it but when I clicked it a secondary window opened and it addressed me by name (logged into Gmail).
        Drew VE3AMF

        On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:43, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

        I had not realised that, I have coded a +1 button on the site but am not sure it works yet,

        So those of you who have a google account please hit the +1 on google.

        I have an account because I use the webmaster tools and analytics, I don’t use gmail

        Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      • Ron N9SZV
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
          Ok just clicked on it :-)

          Ron N9SZV
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

            Those of you who have google accounts +1 will show against sites in your searches, those without there is a +1 button at the tope of the site, which I hope is actually working, it’s certainly incrementing so that a good sign.

            If you click a second time your remove your vote, it’s sort of an on/off button

            The clicks are not showing up in the google stats at the moment but hope the will.

            Unless I have messed something up somewhere

            Torbay Freecycle Moderator

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
              do ou have to be signed in to wikidot?

              I know i'm signed in to google/gmail/google+ cus i have my gmail up at the
              same time

              charlie
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                ok that was weird... went there, had to go to another page then back to
                welcome page for it to show..

                charlie
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011

                  Well thanks to everyone that hit the google +1 button on the wiki, have 19 showing on the google site, it makes a difference to google’s ranking System

                  Torbay Freecycle Moderator