Re: [aprsisce] Google +1

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
      I see now that since your original email, just 4 people have hit that button1,

      73
      Steve, kf6wax

      On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

      I had not realised that, I have coded a +1 button on the site but am not sure it works yet,

      So those of you who have a google account please hit the +1 on google.

      I have an account because I use the webmaster tools and analytics, I don’t use gmail

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

        Did it an hour ago, went from 2 to 3

        Scott Gillis N3UJJ
        My HamShack
        My Current Location
        My Amateur Weather Station
        My BOINC standings

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
          i see that julian +1'd it in the sarcha nd you're top of the list, but i dont see where the +1 button is.

          charlie

        • Andrew Riddell

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
              unless your signed in, even then it is NOT so obvious.....more so if asleep at the keyboard!  Lol

              73
              Steve, kf6wax

              On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Andrew Riddell <ve3maf@...> wrote:

              Had to look twice to find it but when I clicked it a secondary window opened and it addressed me by name (logged into Gmail).
              Drew VE3AMF

              On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:43, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

              I had not realised that, I have coded a +1 button on the site but am not sure it works yet,

              So those of you who have a google account please hit the +1 on google.

              I have an account because I use the webmaster tools and analytics, I don’t use gmail

              Torbay Freecycle Moderator

            • Ron N9SZV
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                Ok just clicked on it :-)

                Ron N9SZV
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

                  Those of you who have google accounts +1 will show against sites in your searches, those without there is a +1 button at the tope of the site, which I hope is actually working, it’s certainly incrementing so that a good sign.

                  If you click a second time your remove your vote, it’s sort of an on/off button

                  The clicks are not showing up in the google stats at the moment but hope the will.

                  Unless I have messed something up somewhere

                  Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                    do ou have to be signed in to wikidot?

                    I know i'm signed in to google/gmail/google+ cus i have my gmail up at the
                    same time

                    charlie
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                      ok that was weird... went there, had to go to another page then back to
                      welcome page for it to show..

                      charlie
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011

                        Well thanks to everyone that hit the google +1 button on the wiki, have 19 showing on the google site, it makes a difference to google’s ranking System

                        Torbay Freecycle Moderator