RE: [aprsisce] Google +1

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

      I had not realised that, I have coded a +1 button on the site but am not sure it works yet,

      So those of you who have a google account please hit the +1 on google.

      I have an account because I use the webmaster tools and analytics, I don’t use gmail

      Torbay Freecycle Moderator

        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

          Did it an hour ago, went from 2 to 3

          Scott Gillis N3UJJ
          My HamShack
          My Current Location
          My Amateur Weather Station
          My BOINC standings

          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
            i see that julian +1'd it in the sarcha nd you're top of the list, but i dont see where the +1 button is.

            charlie

          • Andrew Riddell

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                unless your signed in, even then it is NOT so obvious.....more so if asleep at the keyboard!  Lol

                73
                Steve, kf6wax

                On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Andrew Riddell <ve3maf@...> wrote:

                Had to look twice to find it but when I clicked it a secondary window opened and it addressed me by name (logged into Gmail).
                Drew VE3AMF

                On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:43, Steve Daniels <steve@...> wrote:

                I had not realised that, I have coded a +1 button on the site but am not sure it works yet,

                So those of you who have a google account please hit the +1 on google.

                I have an account because I use the webmaster tools and analytics, I don’t use gmail

                Torbay Freecycle Moderator

              • Ron N9SZV
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                  Ok just clicked on it :-)

                  Ron N9SZV
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011

                    Those of you who have google accounts +1 will show against sites in your searches, those without there is a +1 button at the tope of the site, which I hope is actually working, it’s certainly incrementing so that a good sign.

                    If you click a second time your remove your vote, it’s sort of an on/off button

                    The clicks are not showing up in the google stats at the moment but hope the will.

                    Unless I have messed something up somewhere

                    Torbay Freecycle Moderator

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                      do ou have to be signed in to wikidot?

                      I know i'm signed in to google/gmail/google+ cus i have my gmail up at the
                      same time

                      charlie
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 2, 2011
                        ok that was weird... went there, had to go to another page then back to
                        welcome page for it to show..

                        charlie
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 6, 2011

                          Well thanks to everyone that hit the google +1 button on the wiki, have 19 showing on the google site, it makes a difference to google’s ranking System

                          Torbay Freecycle Moderator